visible ranks based on win/lose a good idea

#1rotevilnemisisPosted 2/9/2013 10:14:45 AM
Topic title says it all and if you disagree tell me your reasons and i can easily give you a rebuttal
---
only the great ones return
#2SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/9/2013 10:19:09 AM
For 3 weeks my internet disconnected me from at least 2 out of every 5 games, and lagged me out of just as many. Because of that my win/loss% and K/D went way, way down and my DNF% went way up.

And because I rarely play more than 3-5 games a day, and not even every day, my stats are still far lower than they should be.

Honestly though, I don't give 2 ****s and a **** about visible ranks. They're just numbers.
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#3rotevilnemisis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:24:51 AM
Not to be rude but your post isn't a disagreement. If you're trying to say my internet kicks me out of games my rank would be bad then don't play till your internet gets better? No one likes leavers. Also you say you don't care about the rank so then if you have a bad rank it wouldn't matter to you anyway.
---
#4SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/9/2013 10:37:36 AM
**** you, kid. I'll play when I want to because I bought the damn game. I give a **** if some little lame ass like you on the internet doesn't like it if I get disconnected. This game is stupid; it lists DNF% under the losses %, making your win/loss terrible if you don't have the best internet. Which goes right along with everything else 343 is doing with this game: If you're not connected to the internet ALL of the time you might as well just toss this game in the trash because it's useless.

So yeah, a visible rank would be cool, if they fixed their algorithms and weren't completely ****ing stupid.

And 'LOL OMG ROFLMFAOLOLOLOMG if u haz da bad rank but dun care then u must not care!' DUR HUR HUR. Looks like you CAN read, SWEET. Good job!
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
#5seminolesoccerPosted 2/9/2013 10:45:56 AM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
**** you, kid. I'll play when I want to because I bought the damn game. I give a **** if some little lame ass like you on the internet doesn't like it if I get disconnected. This game is stupid; it lists DNF% under the losses %, making your win/loss terrible if you don't have the best internet. Which goes right along with everything else 343 is doing with this game: If you're not connected to the internet ALL of the time you might as well just toss this game in the trash because it's useless.

So yeah, a visible rank would be cool, if they fixed their algorithms and weren't completely ****ing stupid.

And 'LOL OMG ROFLMFAOLOLOLOMG if u haz da bad rank but dun care then u must not care!' DUR HUR HUR. Looks like you CAN read, SWEET. Good job!

I DO have good internet (35mbps or better--not incredible but better than most) and the game randomly doesn't count at least 1-2 games per day for me. If one of those games is one where I win big over a team of higher skill opponents, thus netting me more in the trueskill system, and I don't get credit for that win I'm obviously going to be pissed
---
PSN: Viper51989
GT: IL Viper IL
#6rotevilnemisis(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:54:10 AM
To spid in all honesty id prefer if you left my game, i like a challenge being a man down. And if the game isn't registering wins that seems like a problem 343 has to fix which they won't. All im saying is going to waypoint to see your rank is pointless and why waste their time making it when people would prefer it in game
---
#7SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/9/2013 10:57:52 AM
Yes, having the rank in Waypoint is the most pointless thing of all.
---
#8BANDlCOOTPosted 2/9/2013 11:00:42 AM
The more people who visit their website/download and use their app the better. People will check regularly meaning frequent use.

Visible ranks discourage some players.

Having them viewable only online is a very smart move from 343.

Spidux, if it didn't count as a loss people would disconnect regularly to fudge their stats and leave games they are losing. At any rate stats mean nothing.
---
I think this just might be my masterpiece.
#9SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/9/2013 11:05:34 AM
Oh, I'm aware of all of that too. That's why I had said in my original post that they're just numbers, I've never cared too much about them.
---
#10darren19822000Posted 2/9/2013 12:04:01 PM
it would have been nice to have it under your service record. that way it wont be "visible" unless you go to check their k/d at the beginning of the match.

either way i could care less personally. im not gonna check online every time i wanna see how im doing. i refuse to buy a smart phone or tablet so thats out. i have a pc for those needs.
---
gt darren reefnugs