Midnight

#1SrgtStalkerPosted 2/10/2013 12:30:27 AM
So I'm just running around the level trying to find that Easter egg, and I just happened to be listening and reading(subtitles) to the dialogue, and I noticed something the Didact said, something along the lines of this "So this is what you've been hiding from me, this evolved ancilla. For those of you who don't ancilla is the forerunner term for AI, so he's talking about Cortana. But why would a forerunner, the most advanced race in the Halo Universe, call something made by humans EVOLVED? Seems like there might be something we don't know about her.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#2RAGEface14Posted 2/10/2013 12:52:35 AM
The plot thickens...

Seriously though, I'm not suprised. There are several euphemisms to Cortana being "special" throughout the game. Did you ever find the Halsey voice clip at the beginning of the mission Requiem?
---
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
GT: RAGEface14
#3AndaristPosted 2/10/2013 12:52:59 AM
maybe he was just surprised by Cortana's level of complexity?

Didn't think humans were capable of something like that? idk.
---
a Perfect Rake
tier 1: andarist | tier 3: mephy, trav | tier 5: bale. - Vizeroth
#4SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:16:31 AM
RAGEface14 posted...
The plot thickens...

Seriously though, I'm not suprised. There are several euphemisms to Cortana being "special" throughout the game. Did you ever find the Halsey voice clip at the beginning of the mission Requiem?

Yeah, abut how there was an AI who could avoid rampancy. Can't remember if it had a name though, I remember they didn't specifically say it was Cortana though, could've been like her experiment tag before she was named I guess.
---
#5SrgtStalker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 1:21:16 AM
And on a side note, my attempt to find the Easter egg failed, the clue was like a friendly(was actually some fancy word, means friendly though) face, friendliest thing I saw was a sentinel.
---
#6Demigod_ElessarPosted 2/10/2013 1:32:48 AM
Andarist posted...
maybe he was just surprised by Cortana's level of complexity?

Didn't think humans were capable of something like that? idk.

I basically just assumed this.

I already knew what ancilla meant, because of the Forerunner novels. I just interpreted the dialogue as the Didact was surprised at Cortana's abilities, and that it was Humanity that created her, when she could arguably be as evolved as an actual Forerunner AI. It surprised him.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#7SterlingFoxPosted 2/10/2013 1:48:48 AM
She's still behind Forerunner AI, in that there's a rampancy period. But I don't think the Didact knew that just then.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp