Will Halo 5 obtain the throne as best FPS next gen?

#1BS_InfinitePosted 2/10/2013 10:56:46 AM
Whic title will be the best next gen FPS? - Results (66 votes)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
18.18% (12 votes)
Battlefield 4
10.61% (7 votes)
Destiny
13.64% (9 votes)
Unannounced Respawn Entertainment FPS
7.58% (5 votes)
Halo 5
31.82% (21 votes)
Homefront 2
0% (0 votes)
Rainbow 6: Patriots
4.55% (3 votes)
Other
13.64% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I brought this over from the topic of "THMBZDownGNZUp".
---
Sabias que solo vive una vez?
YOLOconozco
#2enterthemadroxPosted 2/10/2013 10:59:32 AM
No.

It takes a special game to take it and the last great FPS I remember was Goldeneye 007 on N64.

With FPS games being ten a penny these days, it'll be hard to stand out from the crowd and even if one game manages to, someone else will take the best pieces and go one better.

Not that I'm complaining because that's how things should be, nothing worse than zero competition between developers cause that's when we get terrible games that become stale.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#3WG4F_is_winPosted 2/10/2013 11:04:22 AM
I'd maybe say Destiny because I have a lot of faith in Bungie. I also might just say CoD because I know I can expect what I like.

I don't have much faith in the Respawn Entertainment FPS. I feel it's just gonna be a worse version of CoD.
---
---
Hawkin'
#4ODommPosted 2/10/2013 11:38:51 AM
I'd say either Destiny, Halo 5, or Battlefield 4.

Destiny has that Goldeneye capability, that is, the capability to be an original and groundbreaking game. I say this because Bungie made Halo, which was bigger than Goldeneye imo. Who says they can't do it again?

I'm putting a lot of faith in Halo 5 because I know what 343 is capable of. They have devs from such a wide variety of games that can offer so much for the Halo franchise.

And Battlefield 4... well... I think we all know that it is going to be one of the biggest, most epic FPS experiences to date.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~AND DO THE HARLEM SHAKE~~
#5Cereal4youPosted 2/10/2013 11:39:59 AM
Haven't played Dust 514 yet but my friends say that its a awesome FPS, because Death means something...

And its a tad early to pick a best FPS since none of does games are out.

Also golden eye was fun, and I enjoyed it but lol, that game is easy as hell and is mostly fogged up by nostalgia, but meh inb4nostalgicfansdefendit.
#6amileo2001Posted 2/10/2013 11:45:01 AM
I can't say for sure but I do know that it has a huge potential factor. When I think about how many people praised Halo 2, I get the feeling that since this is 343's second Halo game, we may see the same outcome.
#7supermoc10Posted 2/10/2013 12:10:17 PM
I think it's gonna be between Halo 5, Destiny and Treyarch's next CoD (MW4 won't do anything special). I think Halo 5 could definitely be top FPS because 343 has been doing everything right lately with Halo 4 (thanks to BravoMLG), they've got experience making a full Halo game now and they are hiring the right people (you've seen what Bravo has done and they also hired QuinnDelHoyo as their Lead MP Designer and he's the one who brought Dedicated Servers and a Spectator mode to GoW 3). All they have to do now is:
-Have a longer campaign
-Even bigger advancements in the graphic/sound departments (Halo 4 expanded a lot on those)
-Spartan Ops 2
-Visible CSR
-Dedicated Servers
-Spectator Mode
-No DMR
-Focus on both the Competitive apsect and the Casual apsect.

So yeah, I definitely think Halo 5 can be Top FPS next-gen (it'll also be my only reason along with Destiny to get the next Xbox alongside the PS4 since Microsoft took the Entertainment route and is forgetting about core gamers).
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#8Cereal4youPosted 2/10/2013 12:22:58 PM
supermoc10 posted...
I think it's gonna be between Halo 5, Destiny and Treyarch's next CoD (MW4 won't do anything special). I think Halo 5 could definitely be top FPS because 343 has been doing everything right lately with Halo 4 (thanks to BravoMLG), they've got experience making a full Halo game now and they are hiring the right people (you've seen what Bravo has done and they also hired QuinnDelHoyo as their Lead MP Designer and he's the one who brought Dedicated Servers and a Spectator mode to GoW 3). All they have to do now is:
-Have a longer campaign
-Even bigger advancements in the graphic/sound departments (Halo 4 expanded a lot on those)
-Spartan Ops 2
-Visible CSR
-Dedicated Servers
-Spectator Mode
-No DMR

So yeah, I definitely think Halo 5 can be Top FPS next-gen (it'll also be my only reason along with Destiny to get the next Xbox alongside the PS4 since Microsoft took the Entertainment route and is forgetting about core gamers).

But gaming is entertainment Wut? Omg are u a leet hardcore gamer? Can I get ur autograph.
#9supermoc10Posted 2/10/2013 12:42:30 PM
Cereal4you posted...
supermoc10 posted...
-Have a longer campaign
-Spartan Ops 2
-Visible CSR
-Dedicated Servers
-Spectator Mode
-No DMR

But gaming is entertainment Wut? Omg are u a leet hardcore gamer? Can I get ur autograph.

I'm not a hardcore gamer at all. By entertainment, I meant Netflix, Hulu, Movies, TV Shows,etc...
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#10PathlessBulletPosted 2/10/2013 12:44:19 PM
Halo 5 just sounds really bad. They need to get rid of the numerals.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."