How do you assassinate?

#1GaMiNg eLiTePosted 2/10/2013 12:05:43 PM
This seems like something that should have been introduced in the game at some point. Granted, it seems like a completely pointless feature (long animation, same result), but I'd like to know for the challenges/commendations anyway.

I originally assumed it was a randomly selected animation when performing a melee from behind, but other people assassinate me 100% of the time in those cases, and occasionally from in front of me while I'm shooting/swinging at them. On the contrary, I've done it myself I think twice ever (one king execution and one assassination with an oddball, which might just be automatic). At this point I'm pretty sure I'm missing something...
---
In the modern world, "common sense" is an oxymoron.
#2H3YGUYS34Posted 2/10/2013 12:07:27 PM
Just press RB.
---
If tomorrow is yesterday and today is tomorrow then tomorrow is today. Gt: G4MECRUSHER101(all caps).
#3JaidabeccaPosted 2/10/2013 12:08:52 PM
H3YGUYS34 posted...
Just hold whatever your melee button is.

fix'd
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#4King_of_NowPosted 2/10/2013 12:09:12 PM
Assassinations just seem to come to me.. I don't really have a method to getting so many.. I just do.

Mobility, I guess is the ultimate attachment to assist with assassinating. They can sprint as well, sure. But if they need to keep taking breaks from the sprint, you catch up rather quickly.

I also tend to use Promethean Vison, or active camo. Both of those (I guess) would assist in assassinations.

There isn't really a method to it, you just need to see your chances for one. I usually get 2-3/game. Personally, it's one of my favorite things in the game. There's something just so satisfying about slamming a knife in someone's skull that I find.. pleasing.
#5GaMiNg eLiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:11:33 PM(edited)
H3YGUYS34 posted...
Just press RB.

That's what I do, but I don't assassinate anyone that way. I melee them in the back, they die instantly (most of the time), and I get a "Beat Down" medal to confirm it counted as being in the back.
---
#6GaMiNg eLiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:10:57 PM
Jaidabecca posted...
H3YGUYS34 posted...

fix'd

So holding the button is the issue?
---
#7enterthemadroxPosted 2/10/2013 12:19:59 PM
GaMiNg eLiTe posted...
Jaidabecca posted...
H3YGUYS34 posted...

fix'd

So holding the button is the issue?

Hold the button and pray they don't turn around or someone doesn't stop you mid-animation.

There are several animations for it too. I've seen the "stabbed in the back" one a lot but I also did a backbreaker to one guy which made me laugh.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#8GaMiNg eLiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:21:58 PM
Alright, thanks.
---
#9GaMiNg eLiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:23:07 PM
Actually, follow-up question: Is there any legitimate benefit to doing an Assassination as opposed to Beat Down, other than for challenges/commendations?
---
#10enterthemadroxPosted 2/10/2013 12:25:19 PM
GaMiNg eLiTe posted...
Actually, follow-up question: Is there any legitimate benefit to doing an Assassination as opposed to Beat Down, other than for challenges/commendations?

Nope, noen whatsoever.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong