Can someone explain why a pistol needs a longer OSK range than both shotguns?

#13starborrisPosted 2/10/2013 8:08:56 PM
To an uneducated pleb such as myself it just doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.
#2BeastlyIguanaPosted 2/10/2013 8:13:33 PM
Inb4killeannuggets
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#3bd0g5Posted 2/10/2013 8:15:21 PM
because 343 is so smart
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#4jakethenoobPosted 2/10/2013 8:42:43 PM
OSK?
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#5SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/10/2013 8:44:21 PM
One Small K*** ^
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#63starborris(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:18:49 PM
jakethenoob posted...
OSK?

One shot kill.
#7SlaveZero40Posted 2/11/2013 12:20:11 AM
This is a question everyone who likes halo for balance asks.
There are so many Topics about that Cheap gun. I try to be in them all.
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#8esprailePosted 2/11/2013 1:11:57 AM
Its nowhere near as good as either of the shotguns though (which it shouldn't be for a starting weapon)

First you have to charge it up, so its only useful in situations where you have the jump on the other guy.

Second, if you either miss or don't get a OHK then you die cos the other guy has plenty of time while you boltshot vents then charges again.
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
#9WrathofAchillesPosted 2/11/2013 2:18:11 AM
espraile posted...
Its nowhere near as good as either of the shotguns though (which it shouldn't be for a starting weapon)

First you have to charge it up, so its only useful in situations where you have the jump on the other guy.

Second, if you either miss or don't get a OHK then you die cos the other guy has plenty of time while you boltshot vents then charges again.

If you completely miss sure... but as long as you wing the enemy you can just melee once and get a kill.

I think the real issue is it's range. At ranges that far exceed the Shotgun or Scattershot it'll completely blow out your shields, (if not out right get a OHK), and all you need to do is which to your primary and one shot the head.
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.
#10esprailePosted 2/11/2013 6:12:16 AM
I just think the issue is being blown out of proportion a bit. I don't claim to be a great player, but I've never had any trouble with people using boltshots. They are easy to counter.

And the only time I have much success with it is when I take the enemy by surprise, in which case an advantage anyway.
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.