first time playing SWAT

#1esqueleto76Posted 2/11/2013 1:21:51 AM
I played a match of swat last night in a spare ten minutes, and actualy realy enjoyed it. Id heard a lot of bad things about swat so i had steered clear but im regretting that now... Im going to play a lot more of it in the vain hope that it may improve my accuracy and make me a little better at 'proper' Halo !
---
Xbox Live: holyfedaykin
#2MysticKamiPosted 2/11/2013 1:44:03 AM
People will yell at you for calling Swat 'proper Halo'. But eff 'em. I like Swat 'cause it's fast paced and helps me get my precision commendations.

Also good for sneaking up on people. I like to play Swat just to assassinate.
---
http://mysticsuburb.smackjeeves.com
Mystic Suburb Webcomic! Read it?
#3catdog97Posted 2/11/2013 1:50:26 AM
bad players itt
---
i love gwen stefani so much xD shes bananas
b-a-n-a-n-a-s
#4esqueleto76(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:58:52 AM
catdog97 posted...
bad players itt

"Circle-Jerk team.......ASSEMBLE" !!
---
#5esqueleto76(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 2:24:55 AM
MysticKami posted...
People will yell at you for calling Swat 'proper Halo'. But eff 'em. I like Swat 'cause it's fast paced and helps me get my precision commendations.

Also good for sneaking up on people. I like to play Swat just to assassinate.

Yeh, i was refering to classic Halo gameplay as 'proper' Halo, but i agree with you. Its a good mode for some fast paced headshot target practice, and the removal of the radar makes you a lot more aware of your suroundings. I'll definately be playing a lot more of this mode. Especialy when the usual gametypes are suffering from bad lag or long matchmaking times.
---
#6enterthemadroxPosted 2/11/2013 1:05:22 PM
esqueleto76 posted...
I played a match of swat last night in a spare ten minutes, and actualy realy enjoyed it. Id heard a lot of bad things about swat so i had steered clear but im regretting that now... Im going to play a lot more of it in the vain hope that it may improve my accuracy and make me a little better at 'proper' Halo !

Same here.

People here stopped me playing SWAT sooner but when I read it's a good playlist for assassinations, I gave it a shot and absolutely love it. I can't be the only one because in the past month, SWAT has consistently been the 3rd most populated playlist (at least 7000 every time) behind BTB and regular Slayer whenever I've looked at the numbers while deciding which playlist to go on.

IMO, people who claim SWAT is terrible or for bad players are the ones who seem to be obsessed with keeping their K/D ratio high and don't like the idea of dying a lot due to a lack of shields, ordnance and radar.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#7Asherlee10Posted 2/11/2013 1:12:58 PM
esqueleto76 posted...

*points* You and I have the same humor, my friend
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#8dark_shardPosted 2/11/2013 1:25:57 PM
catdog97 posted...
bad players itt

I don't understand posting things like this as in doing so, you're becoming one of the people in the topic...
---
http://amuletsandale.blogspot.com/
GT: darkshardx
#9esqueleto76(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 3:09:34 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
esqueleto76 posted...

*points* You and I have the same humor, my friend

Or the same intolerance of idiots, yes.
It seems at the moment, that i find more to like in this game each time i play it.....swat and snipers last night: epic
---
#10deepshadow4125Posted 2/12/2013 3:41:34 AM
When I first started playing Halo, I wasn't really good at Slayer, I died like 3/4ths more than I could kill in that game type. I started to play Swat because it was "easier" to get kills, after getting better and better with my K/D in Swat, I decided to try and tackle Slayer again. I found out that I could get a lot more kills with the precision weapons to where it boosted my confidence in the playlist. Once I got more familiar with consistently shooting a player in the head (after being out of Swat) I attempted trying other weapons and gradually learned how to be better at them.

I think of Swat as being a stepping stone for those who are new to the game, its characteristics and not be consistently killed to the point where they just believe they'll never achieve anything in the game. Swat is a nice change of pace from the other playlists as well, it certainly can be a "noob" playlist, but it can also be very challenging. I think it might actually be a lot harder to get a perfection in Swat than any other Slayer playlists. Sure you can always argue camping, but the same can be said for them all, just that with Swat, one shot can ruin the run.
---
C.C.: Lelouch, do you know why snow is white? Snow is white, because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be.