"Well, if you've read the books..."

#101KageNoSenshiPosted 2/14/2013 1:02:33 AM
#100 thehelpfulgamer Posted
The Covies have floaty tech, too. How come they've never turned anti-grav on the Chief? Or is the floatiness on their dime a dozen Ghosts too complex to be made into a weapon?

The Covies' have pioneered very little, if anything. Their tech is all adapted from Forerunner tech. Considering that they do have many applications for anti-grav tech (loading bays, their version of the jetpack, the portable grav lift from H3, Ghost, Banshee, Wraith, Revenant, Chopper, ...I think a few more vehicles I'm forgetting, and the Grav Hammer), if they don't have a weapon that directly manipulates gravity to that degree it's because they never found a Forerunner weapon that did.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#102thehelpfulgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:33:22 AM(edited)
Soooooo, basically they're stupid? I can buy that.

The Didact still made for a really lame final boss. I kept hoping the Librarian did some sort of wizardry to keep Chief from being grieffed by him, but that would have made the end of the game too interesting. I guess pressing a couple buttons that the game told me to press in a certain order gives me all the satisfaction I need from a video game.

Best Shooter Final Boss Fights:
1) Halo 4
2) Bulletstorm
3) Modern Warfare 2
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#103KageNoSenshiPosted 2/14/2013 1:34:10 AM
Where did I say they were stupid?
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#104thehelpfulgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:52:43 AM
They had all that anti-grav stuff, but ultimately nothing like what Didact was wielding simply because they never ran across a specific thing that did that? If not stupid then at the very least they were unimaginative.

Also, if their tech is adapted from the Forerunners, how come there's nothing similar, at all, between the two?
---
#105KageNoSenshiPosted 2/14/2013 2:08:31 AM(edited)
Nothing similar?

Automatic energy weapons
Charging energy pistols
Energy blades
Hard light shields

And that's just off the top of my head.

EDIT: The Focus Rifle is also pretty similar to the Sentinel Beam.

EDIT EDIT: And I guess the Promethean/Elite energy shielding is an obvious one.
---
#106thehelpfulgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 2:16:34 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Nothing similar?

Automatic energy weapons
Charging energy pistols
Energy blades
Hard light shields

And that's just off the top of my head.

EDIT: The Focus Rifle is also pretty similar to the Sentinel Beam.

Two alien races with rapid fire energy weapons? Well, yeah, but that's true with literally every sci-fi alien race ever, so no points there. Also, I'm pretty sure all the Forerunner guns use clips/magazines/whatever, which ones are actually energy based?

Charging energy pistols? Maybe, but they're both vastly different in appearance and function. The human Railgun is more like the Boltshot than the Plasma Pistol is to the Boltshot.

Energy blades? You can't pick up the Forerunner version, so I hesitate to give credit for this one, mostly because I forgot about it, lol.

Hard light shields? Alright, you got me there, but again, they look nothing a like.
---
#107thehelpfulgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 2:18:26 AM
Wait, just how the **** is the Focus Rifle at all like the Sentinel Beam? And I thought the Forerunners made the Sentinels anyway.
---
#108KageNoSenshiPosted 2/14/2013 2:36:48 AM
#106 thehelpfulgamer Posted
Two alien races with rapid fire energy weapons? Well, yeah, but that's true with literally every sci-fi alien race ever, so no points there. Also, I'm pretty sure all the Forerunner guns use clips/magazines/whatever, which ones are actually energy based?

Charging energy pistols? Maybe, but they're both vastly different in appearance and function. The human Railgun is more like the Boltshot than the Plasma Pistol is to the Boltshot.

Energy blades? You can't pick up the Forerunner version, so I hesitate to give credit for this one, mostly because I forgot about it, lol.

Hard light shields? Alright, you got me there, but again, they look nothing a like.

LOL so it's not a similarity because it's cliché? LOL no. They've never said that Covenant weapons can't be reloaded. They've said that humans have never bothered to figure out how to do it.

That's because they're adapted for Grunts.

Originally you couldn't pick up the Covie version either.

That's because they're adapted for Jackals.

#107 thehelpfulgamer Posted
Wait, just how the **** is the Focus Rifle at all like the Sentinel Beam? And I thought the Forerunners made the Sentinels anyway.

How is a sustained stream of directed energy at all like a sustained stream of directed energy? Really?

And yes, Forerunners did make the Sentinels... that's the point...
---
#109thehelpfulgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 3:42:26 PM
I was thinking of the Promethean sniper, my bad. I played so little Reach I totally forgot about the Focus Rifle.

And what do you even mean they were adapted for Grunts/Jackels? Are the Cov races allergic to the color orange?
---
#110butsizzlePosted 2/15/2013 3:21:40 AM
TC is a ****ing idiot. All he needs to do is read the Wiki for 10 minutes, but instead he spends hours on here kicking and screaming like a child.
---
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer