• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. "Well, if you've read the books..."
3 years ago#71
What's a Wonka meme?
---
I've been known to write some pretty good stuff from time to time. Just ask the mods. They probably know me like a brother by now. -MIxeD
3 years ago#72
enterthemadrox posted...
That's what I hated about Gears Of War 3.

They got Karen Traviss to write the campaign's plot and not only was it a total mess that forced you to go to various different locations just for the hell of it, there were also characters, events and hints at things that you could only know about if you read her Gears Of War books previously with zero explanation in game.

I read the first two Gears novels and they were AWFUL. Traviss is not a "writer". She's a fan fiction author who has somehow conned her way into legitimacy. Gears was never the best written story, but she actually made it worse.
3 years ago#73
Well, clearly I have to check out this Karen Traviss person and see how she stacks up with George R. R. Martin.
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
3 years ago#74
EDarien posted...
SrgtStalker posted...

Oh! Didn't know that about Deus Ex, just thought you were talking about the game the whole time! But yeah ACIV having a new hero and all, but what I'm wondering is if it means another present time hero, and that he could still be a descendant of Connor so we can see his story finished. Also, never heard of Halo having another hero besides in Reach, ODST, and Wars?

Ah, yeah, no. It's a literary tool. It's horrible. Hitchens criticized Harry Potter for using it a LOT. It's kind of a big deal from a critical perspective, but most people have never heard of it and usually don't even notice when it happens.

As for Halo, there was talk about it. Like John would have his own trilogy and if there were more, they might go w/ someone else. But this was years ago and I didn't get too deep into the theories, etc.

As for AC, I doubt it. I mean, Desmond and his father never mention siblings. I'm sure it was in there somewhere, but I don't know where mom is and what she's doing. And we don't know from which parent he was descended from Connor. My real question is if they're going to do a side-story type thing, like at the same time, pre-event, or go post-event with the new character. I'm hoping post, but one never knows with these people sometimes.

oh well yeah, hears ago, I thought you meant recently. But for AC, I also hope they do post, I actual.y liked the few times we played as Desmond in III, I found it fun and a little bit more challenging. I'm also curious to see what Juno is gonna do exactly.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
3 years ago#75
SrgtStalker posted...

oh well yeah, hears ago, I thought you meant recently. But for AC, I also hope they do post, I actual.y liked the few times we played as Desmond in III, I found it fun and a little bit more challenging. I'm also curious to see what Juno is gonna do exactly.

Yeah, it was more challenging, right? No animus markers, no HUD options, just you and your training. Honestly, I've been waiting, since AC I, for them to make an entire game without an animus. I really hoped that's what they were going to build up to. Desmond was supposed to be getting training, right? And we take on that role. So I felt like the Animus was teaching you what to look for and, eventually, you'd be on your own. No markers for who is or isn't attacking, no waypoint. Just your training and experience guiding you through the missions, which you would know your mission through storyline events and maybe a cell phone you could pull up to re-read e-mails, texts and maybe even listen to voicemail pertaining to whatever mission(s) you were doing. It would replace the animus spelling everything out in a more realistic way. That was my hope, but clearly not going to happen, now. Still, could have been fun.

As for Juno, I agree. Again with the deus ex machina, though. It bothers me. She couldn't do anything in her time, now she waves her hand and crisis averted. *sigh*

But yeah, I'm with you. Desmond's missions were really fun, definitely more challenging in regards to no hand-holding and Juno was left on a pretty big "Now what?" moment to really end anything. Hopefully we'll see something really good come from it, though.
---
Lali-ho!
3 years ago#76
#51 EDarien Posted
^ Hahahahaha, no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWM_B1qHFdo&t=1m47s

^ hand-wave, Covies bow.

Wow you are oblivious. Try watching the vid again. But this time, listen to what the Didact says following the gesture. Why would he say that if he mind-controlled the allegiance of the Elites in the room? Why wouldn't he have just mind-controlled John then?

Your lack of comprehension is disturbing. ...or at least it would be if it wasn't so hilarious.

So please, keep arguing like you have an actual point here. It's very entertaining for the rest of us.

And the best part is YOU posted the vid in the first place. Absolutely incredible.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
3 years ago#77
SpiduxxudipS posted...
Back to the topic at hand: One thing I always loved about the Mass Effect series was the encyclopedia type menu it included in game. I would literally spend hours reading and listening to everything that thing had in it to learn more about that universe.

Again, what's wrong with Waypoint?
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me
3 years ago#78
lderivedx posted...
What's a Wonka meme?

http://www.troll.me/images/willy-wonka/oh-you-use-willy-wonka-memes-you-must-be-so-original.jpg
3 years ago#79
EDarien posted...
SrgtStalker posted...

Yeah, it was more challenging, right? No animus markers, no HUD options, just you and your training. Honestly, I've been waiting, since AC I, for them to make an entire game without an animus. I really hoped that's what they were going to build up to. Desmond was supposed to be getting training, right? And we take on that role. So I felt like the Animus was teaching you what to look for and, eventually, you'd be on your own. No markers for who is or isn't attacking, no waypoint. Just your training and experience guiding you through the missions, which you would know your mission through storyline events and maybe a cell phone you could pull up to re-read e-mails, texts and maybe even listen to voicemail pertaining to whatever mission(s) you were doing. It would replace the animus spelling everything out in a more realistic way. That was my hope, but clearly not going to happen, now. Still, could have been fun.

As for Juno, I agree. Again with the deus ex machina, though. It bothers me. She couldn't do anything in her time, now she waves her hand and crisis averted. *sigh*

But yeah, I'm with you. Desmond's missions were really fun, definitely more challenging in regards to no hand-holding and Juno was left on a pretty big "Now what?" moment to really end anything. Hopefully we'll see something really good come from it, though.

All of that stuff was just AMAZING, really hope they do this, of course people are gonna be like OMGZ IDK HOW 2 COUNTER TIS GAME SUCKZ IT DOSNT TELL ME HOW 2 DO TINGZ
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
3 years ago#80
Is it really hard to read a damn book for once?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Xre11.gif http://i.imgur.com/a5mMY.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. "Well, if you've read the books..."

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived