Regarding Palmer in spartan ops episode 9

#11Link43130Posted 2/12/2013 6:42:47 AM
Final mission in episode 10 will be a player choice, do you kill Halsey or kill Palmer.

Whoever is killed the most will be dead in Halo 5.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#12EDarienPosted 2/12/2013 9:03:27 AM
Link43130 posted...
Final mission in episode 10 will be a player choice, do you kill Halsey or kill Palmer.

Whoever is killed the most will be dead in Halo 5.

That might be cool. Though, "the most" isn't really something that can be tracked. Plus it'd be too easy to keep doing it over and over again, making "voting" an inaccurate portrayal of what the fans want.

Also, is Halo 5 in development yet or they waiting to release all the content on this before they even start? If they're already making it, they can't have been waiting on player controlled actions like that.

Still, though, really cool idea. Kind of like when they did it for Jason Todd (2nd Robin) back in the 80s.
---
Lali-ho!
#13tubb311Posted 2/12/2013 9:04:30 AM
metroidman92 posted...
SearchmanV16 posted...
Spoilers:

Halsey survives into her nighties (Halo Wikia), so that means Palmer may have had a change of heart.

Her eulogy of Noble 6 on Reach was done from a narration perspective. That doesn't necessarily mean she lives to see Reach re-terraformed.

"In 2589, Reach had been re-terraformed. Dr. Halsey visited Reach and gave a Eulogy to SPARTAN-B312. She was ninety-seven years old at the time."

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Catherine_Elizabeth_Halsey
#14EDarienPosted 2/12/2013 10:53:37 AM
tubb311 posted...
metroidman92 posted...
SearchmanV16 posted...
Spoilers:

Halsey survives into her nighties (Halo Wikia), so that means Palmer may have had a change of heart.

Her eulogy of Noble 6 on Reach was done from a narration perspective. That doesn't necessarily mean she lives to see Reach re-terraformed.

"In 2589, Reach had been re-terraformed. Dr. Halsey visited Reach and gave a Eulogy to SPARTAN-B312. She was ninety-seven years old at the time."

Doooood. Spoiler alert! hahaha
---
Lali-ho!
#15metroidman92Posted 2/12/2013 1:11:51 PM
tubb311 posted...
metroidman92 posted...
SearchmanV16 posted...
Spoilers:

I know, I read the same page. Why would she go back to Reach to eulogize some random Spartan-III, when by that point, every one of her S-II's are likely dead? It's not like 6 helped her escape, he just got Cortana to the Autumn. (Granted that was still significant.)

Maybe I need to beat Reach again, but that scene sounded more like narration to me. Not her physical being there.
---
Xbox Kinect. Works better as a MoCap tool for amateur animators than it does as a gaming gimmick.
#16TwilightEchoesPosted 2/12/2013 2:03:48 PM
espraile posted...
Or Halsey makes her own armour suit and AI to plug into it, then kills palmer, takes over control of infinity and leads a charge to wipe out the enemy from requiem.

Pretty sure that's whats gonna happen. Halo 5 you play as Halsey.

I'd be okay with this. Halsey is pretty much the only interesting character in this series, anyway.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#17GeneralKenobi85Posted 2/12/2013 2:13:40 PM
Even if you disregard the eulogy thing, Halsey isn't going to die anytime soon. She's too important of a character to die, especially in Spartan Ops. She could possibly die in Halo 5 or 6, but I don't see it happening.

Also, Palmer is a b****
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#18AoENIACPosted 2/12/2013 4:50:25 PM(edited)
Palmer does not want to kill Halsey still. In Ep9 Ch1, which is right after Thorne hands Palmer the half of the key that Halsey gave him, opens with Palmer saying that Halsey has been "Kidnapped" instead of "defected", which is what she would have said if she still believed Halsey was a traitor. Obviously she's either sided with Tom and is now for twisting their orders or Tom has used the new information to get the Admiral off his back and the orders to kill Halsey have now been replaced with rescue (and probably terminate still if rescue fails).

Honestly I think the Admiral has a personal interest and severe bias towards killing Halsey, seeing as how the Admiral is a Spartan II who washed out of the program and almost had her life ruined by it. She clearly does not share the same feelings as the rest of the Spartan IIs (and IIIs) who think of Halsey more as a mother figure.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#19BlindDeadeyePosted 2/12/2013 6:00:35 PM
AoENIAC posted...
Honestly I think the Admiral has a personal interest and severe bias towards killing Halsey, seeing as how the Admiral is a Spartan II who washed out of the program and almost had her life ruined by it. She clearly does not share the same feelings as the rest of the Spartan IIs (and IIIs) who think of Halsey more as a mother figure.

Admiral Osman is clearly biased. She's been influenced by Admiral Parangosky's personal vendetta against Halsey and the bitterness of being thrown aside after washing out. ONI is clearly a secondary antagonist in comparison to the Covenant.

I have a feeling though, with Karen Traviss's demonizing of Halsey in the Kilo-Five trilogy and how everyone is turning against her, I feel as if her own Spartan-II's are next.
---
"Theres power in stories. Thats all history is: the best tales. The ones that last. Might as well be mine." Varric
#20PoppadopPosted 2/13/2013 3:51:23 AM
AoENIAC posted...
She clearly does not share the same feelings as the rest of the Spartan IIs (and IIIs) who think of Halsey more as a mother figure.

The S-IIIs, not so much. Halsey wasn't involved with their training and she basically sees them as cheap knockoffs of the S-IIs [which they are].

BlindDeadeye posted...
I have a feeling though, with Karen Traviss's demonizing of Halsey in the Kilo-Five trilogy and how everyone is turning against her, I feel as if her own Spartan-II's are next.

Traviss is bad, yet not even she could wreak canon that badly. Naomi's probably been hanging around Osman too long and her stance on Halsey might be less sunny, but the other S-IIs would side with Halsey, no contest. ONI's BS is legendary.
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me