Carbine + Storm Rifle loadout...

#11AoENIACPosted 2/13/2013 9:59:52 AM
I never use Firepower, holding two primary weapons is only useful for one situation: if you're sniping at mid-long range with a precision weapon and then somebody moves out of view and you know they are going to close distance with you, so you have time to switch to an automatic weapon.

Because you never have time to switch weapons during combat unless your opponent really sucks. Or you can find cover, which is hard with the flinching system unless you have Thrusters. Or you have Dexterity, in which case you don't have Firepower.

So usually I equip Dexterity and then pick up a second primary weapon rather than spawning with it.

FIrepower seems kind of useless to me because you can always pick up somebody else's weapon or even find one on the map if it's the right game mode. Didn't you get used to that in the older Halos? Also, the Plasma Pistol should be a primary weapon, it's so useful for anti-vehicle and with Dexterity you even have time to do the noob combo on some people.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#12EDarienPosted 2/13/2013 10:09:15 AM
AoENIAC posted...
I never use Firepower, holding two primary weapons is only useful for one situation: if you're sniping at mid-long range with a precision weapon and then somebody moves out of view and you know they are going to close distance with you, so you have time to switch to an automatic weapon.

Because you never have time to switch weapons during combat unless your opponent really sucks. Or you can find cover, which is hard with the flinching system unless you have Thrusters. Or you have Dexterity, in which case you don't have Firepower.

So usually I equip Dexterity and then pick up a second primary weapon rather than spawning with it.

FIrepower seems kind of useless to me because you can always pick up somebody else's weapon or even find one on the map if it's the right game mode. Didn't you get used to that in the older Halos? Also, the Plasma Pistol should be a primary weapon, it's so useful for anti-vehicle and with Dexterity you even have time to do the noob combo on some people.

True story. Especially that last part. Sometimes I wish you could do PP and Magnum. Would make some things a lot easier.
---
Lali-ho!
#13True_ScornPosted 2/13/2013 10:16:30 AM
AoENIAC posted...

Dexterity and Firepower do not use the same slot. Try using both and see if your opinion changes... Assault rifle and DMR is just fun as bawlz.
#14Lord_SpiduxPosted 2/13/2013 10:24:42 AM
BR+DMR+Regen Field+Dexterity makes you a pretty tough sniper if you sit on the outskirts of the map with a little bit of cover handy.
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#15AoENIACPosted 2/13/2013 10:49:11 AM
True_Scorn posted...
AoENIAC posted...

Dexterity and Firepower do not use the same slot. Try using both and see if your opinion changes... Assault rifle and DMR is just fun as bawlz.

Hey you're right, I just never noticed because I'm always using Fasttrack lately. Although my opinion of it being useless doesn't change because I pretty much always want to spawn with a Plasma Pistol and primary weapons are all over the place on every corpse.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.