DAE cringe when people say "I shouldn't have to read books to get the story,"?

#1Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/12/2013 7:59:25 PM
The last Halo book I read was Ghosts of Onyx and Halo 4 didn't confuse me a single bit. Whatever questions I have, I know will be answered. That's the point of a damn story arc across 2 future games and who knows how many seasons of Spartan Ops.

I honestly cringe when people say those words simply because I know it's some adolescent random that one, shouldn't even own the game to play, and two, keep screaming for instant gratification and have zero patience. Game companies listen to these people sometimes and it's NEVER good.
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/12/2013 8:06:52 PM
Mostly just because all you need to know is in the terminals. I wish they were viewable from the game instead of Waypoint, though.

The books are actually quite good, too. More people should read 'em.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3__balePosted 2/12/2013 8:59:02 PM
nice topic wookie very informative
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#4metroidman92Posted 2/12/2013 9:04:13 PM
Hopefully Silentium fills the gap between those novels and Halo 4. It's said to contain Halo 4 spoilers, so it should explain a bit.
---
Xbox Kinect. Works better as a MoCap tool for amateur animators than it does as a gaming gimmick.
#5H3YGUYS34Posted 2/12/2013 9:04:54 PM
what you doing back here wookie.
---
If tomorrow is yesterday and today is tomorrow then tomorrow is today. Gt: G4MECRUSHER101(all caps).
#6LoneWolf4545Posted 2/12/2013 9:16:22 PM
You shouldn't have to read a book to understand the story to a game. That is definitely true.

I have only read the first couple of books in the series and I'm with you on understanding the story in halo 4. It was horribly told but I understood it.
---
GT: swkids
#7devil mingyPosted 2/12/2013 9:42:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8metalclashPosted 2/12/2013 10:34:33 PM
the stupid terminals

only way to watch 'em is through waypoint. annoying way to get traffic to that stupid ******* app
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.
#9Wookie_Is_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:33:32 PM
H3YGUYS34 posted...
what you doing back here wookie.

Got bored.

__bale posted...
nice topic wookie very informative

Request a sticky.
#10AlphusUltimusPosted 2/12/2013 11:36:26 PM
halo you can still get from just the game. gears however you need to read to books to find out half the characters and backstory. they never even tell you why the queen of the locusts looks human.
---
X360 GT: AlphaUltima
PSN ID: AlphusUltimus