DAE cringe when people say "I shouldn't have to read books to get the story,"?

#21iRGushPosted 2/13/2013 2:20:27 PM
People are probably mad because 343 specifically said that you don't need to read the books to understand the story.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#22PoppadopPosted 2/13/2013 2:52:39 PM
^ And you don't. Name an in-game story element and it is sufficiently explained in-game or in the Terminal videos. Going to the books for more accurate, in-depth info is perfectly acceptable.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised people that don't care enough about the story to read up about it can't pay enough attention to the game itself.
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me
#23iRGushPosted 2/13/2013 2:57:55 PM
Poppadop posted...
^ And you don't. Name an in-game story element and it is sufficiently explained in-game or in the Terminal videos. Going to the books for more accurate, in-depth info is perfectly acceptable.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised people that don't care enough about the story to read up about it can't pay enough attention to the game itself.

i dont care about the story
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#24PoppadopPosted 2/13/2013 4:58:52 PM
^ Well, at least you're honest.
---
"Today, science fiction - tomorrow, science fact." ~ Isaac Asimov
"What's the point of living if you don't believe in anything?" ~ Me
#25Wookie_Is_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 6:03:10 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
The last Halo book I read was Ghosts of Onyx and Halo 4 didn't confuse me a single bit. Whatever questions I have, I know will be answered. That's the point of a damn story arc across 2 future games and who knows how many seasons of Spartan Ops.

I honestly cringe when people say those words simply because I know it's some adolescent random that one, shouldn't even own the game to play, and two, keep screaming for instant gratification and have zero patience. Game companies listen to these people sometimes and it's NEVER good.

I'm not an adolescent at all so throw that accusation right out. I also have tons of patience too, I'd just rather not have a game that features characters and situations that follow on from a book and doesn't explain things to people who would rather not go out of their way to hunt down extra material down to know who people are and what their motivations are.

Gears 3 did this with the main campaign by giving us the Jace character and not explaining him, where he came from, anything about him. Idiots threw out the "lol, u should read the books then" response but if it's a franchise I never cared about like Gears or Halo then why should I?

Then you have morons with the "it only took me a few minutes to look online". Sure, there is that but again, why should you have to go on a laptop or computer in the middle of a gaming session just to find out who someone is?

Just stop being lazy and put a nugget of information in the game because not everyone can or wants to go reading elsewhere when they just wanna play a game for 30 minutes now and then.

It's worse when you have a franchise end (like Gears) and apparently still have unanswered questions because the games never explained things from previous entries in the series.

It';s the FIRST game in a TRILOGY. And you want all the info in the first game? Then say you have PATIENCE? LMFAO.
#26KageNoSenshiPosted 2/14/2013 12:08:06 AM
#17 Poppadop Posted
So, you care about the story enough to complain that some elements aren't in the games, but not so much to read other media?

I was just getting ready to say this. It's like these guys have no idea how ridiculous they sound.

If you care, care. If you don't care, don't. Don't be somewhere in the middle and then complain that your particular level of interest isn't satisfied because you have no desire to dig further.

That would be like playing Halo 2 and being like "OMG HOW DID MC GET BACK TO EARTH!?!?!" THE GAME DOESN'T EXPLAIN THIS!!!11!1!1!1".

LOL GTFO w/ that nonsense.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#27VauntXPosted 2/14/2013 3:57:56 AM
Every Wookie topic ever:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MxvIJJqRSYE/Tjr4pT2TJAI/AAAAAAAAAFw/a-S9-iGBYxM/s1600/Look-at-Me.jpg
#28Wookie_Is_Back(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:14:13 PM
Guys look at me
#29VauntXPosted 2/14/2013 2:26:51 PM
I'm not surprised with abs like that.
#30metalclashPosted 2/14/2013 2:47:29 PM
lderivedx posted...
The bad storytelling apologists are hilarious.

not sure what side on
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.