first halo 4 montage

#1MightyDieschPosted 2/13/2013 3:35:33 AM
hey guys, what's up?
I worked really hard on this project. If you like, you can watch it and give me any kind of constructive criticism.
If on the other hand you know you are going to dislike the montage before watching it, I would kindly ask you to leave this topic.
Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toS0oy_M2BM
---
Respect others in order to be respected
#2SociopathixPosted 2/13/2013 6:44:01 AM
We're gonna need a montage!
---
"Halo 4 board, where everyone hates everyone and **** you" -Spiduxlimitless
GT: Sociopathix
#3darkshadowmasterPosted 2/13/2013 7:41:12 AM
Great job, but almost closed it a few times due to too many spots where you just circle around landscape.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#4captaingooch19Posted 2/13/2013 8:28:24 AM
Good job, but a lot of it didnt seem that impressive. Especially the parts where the boltshot were involved minus the ninjas. Also too much intro and landscape shots. Dont get me wrong, nice video, but maybe the length couldve been cut in half.
#5TMoney650Posted 2/13/2013 8:31:55 AM
Closed it after two minutes. If you're gonna waste 80 seconds panning around the maps, you better follow it up with something better than a single f***ing jetpack snipe on a guy who's NOT MOVING.
#6MightyDiesch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:23:32 AM
alright first of all thank you for your comments.
I agree with you that there are parts that could be taken away. however, don't you think it would mess with the syncing to the music? I mean, I am not going to put a high multikill at a slow part of a song
---
#7darkshadowmasterPosted 2/13/2013 10:32:34 AM
MightyDiesch posted...
alright first of all thank you for your comments.
I agree with you that there are parts that could be taken away. however, don't you think it would mess with the syncing to the music? I mean, I am not going to put a high multikill at a slow part of a song

Oh don't get me wrong, I understood why you were doing it but it was just too long. There is only so much of the landscape I can look at no matter how pretty it is before it just starts getting boring and makes the user either skip it or outright close the window.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#8aspen1910000Posted 2/13/2013 10:48:52 AM
It was good but I would suggest you use a song with less down time so there will be less scenes of the camera panning around. Those slow parts causes people to lose interest
#9MightyDiesch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:53:02 AM
alright then. I'll consider this the next time I'll make a montage

thank you guys. have a nice day
---
#10splodesplodePosted 2/13/2013 10:55:10 AM
More gameplay and less scenery, otherwise not bad for your first.
---
^_^