The boltshot is getting nerfed!

#31KageNoSenshiPosted 2/14/2013 2:13:39 AM
But... the boltshot is legitimately stupid...
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#32SlaveZero40Posted 2/14/2013 2:25:27 AM
The gun was on a Original N00B combo level of Overpoweredness. I'm glad it's finally getting a nerf. Now I'm worried about boltshot abusers being able to still leave enemies one shot and quickly finish their opponent off.

The gun still makes a suppressor useless and an AR/Storm rifle extremely risky for close range battles.
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#33Blackhole1012Posted 2/14/2013 9:47:34 AM
elitewarrior500 posted...
• Reduced the range of the Boltshot’s damage scaling over distance. The previous effective range for 1-hit kills was 20'-25'. The range has been reduced to 15'.
• Fixed an issue that did not allow players to create respawn timers or disable instant respawn in custom games.
• Fixed issues with friendly fire against vehicles. If FF is disabled, damage / EMPs from friendly sources will no longer damage vehicles that are fully controlled by your team.

I noticed the friendly fire fix in Spartan Ops. but the boltshot has been nerfed for the past few days? I haven't noticed a difference.
---
Online friends=/=real friends
XBL Gamertag: ThrillingSage
#34Blackhole1012Posted 2/14/2013 9:51:32 AM
Ohh nevermind, I just read the actual update.
---
Online friends=/=real friends
XBL Gamertag: ThrillingSage
#35MephystoPosted 2/14/2013 10:24:29 AM(edited)
Fixed issues with friendly fire against vehicles. If FF is disabled, damage / EMPs from friendly sources will no longer damage vehicles that are fully controlled by your team.

I play a good bit of Spartan Ops online (team damage off). Whenever people are douchebags in vehicles, mostly ghosts, a quick PP shot and 2 plasma nades later and they don't bother me after that because i took their toy away...

...so after the update now, there will be absolutely nothing stopping people from being total douchebags in vehicles because we will no longer be able to neutralize their douchebaggery.

GG, 343... you just killed Spartan Ops online.
#36BeekBeekDanPosted 2/14/2013 10:30:30 AM
Im gunna guess people think your the doosh when you pp to double plasma nade. Not the person in the ghost
#37metroidman92Posted 2/14/2013 10:54:56 AM
• Reduced the range of the Boltshot’s damage scaling over distance. The previous effective range for 1-hit kills was 20'-25'. The range has been reduced to 15'.
• Fixed an issue that did not allow players to create respawn timers or disable instant respawn in custom games.
Fixed issues with friendly fire against vehicles. If FF is disabled, damage / EMPs from friendly sources will no longer damage vehicles that are fully controlled by your team.

343 has restored most of my faith. Now if they also disable Vehicle-to-player FF, I'll be even happier. It might make Matchmaking SpOps bearable.
---
Carry we who die in battle over land and sea
across the rainbow bridge, to Valhalla! Odin's waiting for me!
#38MephystoPosted 2/14/2013 11:02:11 AM(edited)
BeekBeekDan posted...
Im gunna guess people think your the doosh when you pp to double plasma nade. Not the person in the ghost

After being killed repeatedly, 3 or 4 times in a row by a SR130 in a ghost who's totally ignoring objectives and is going after teammates for the lolz instead, i could honestly care less what other players think of my response at that point - i'm taking out the douchebag now and giving him a bad review after the match as well.

And again, if we can't neutralize douchebags in vehicles now, then guess what: You're only going to encounter more and more of them in the future because there's nothing stopping them from being douches.

So again, gg, 343... i have a feeling i won't be playing Spartan Ops online for much longer...
#39SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/14/2013 10:57:04 AM
dont worry jesse, i like you

h8 missouri

Oh god he lives in Missouri? I feel for ya, jesse, I spent 6 months in Ft Leonard Wood during summer and that place ****ing sucked so much ass... Soo... Much... Ass...
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#40MephystoPosted 2/14/2013 11:05:29 AM
PSpiduxxudipS posted...
dont worry jesse, i like you

h8 missouri

Oh god he lives in Missouri? I feel for ya, jesse, I spent 6 months in Ft Leonard Wood during summer and that place ****ing sucked so much ass... Soo... Much... Ass...

I remember Fort Lost-In-The-Woods well myself, Spidux... did my own time there back in '95, summer into fall too... if anyone on the board knows what you're talking about, man, i do.. :P