The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

i hate that k/d thing they have it shouldnt be in halo

#1ShadowSnake698Posted 2/14/2013 4:19:19 AM
omg i havent been doing great but i think the k/d is more for cod because halo alot of people can die alot and you a good one but easily can get a bad one
#2MR_NEEDLERPosted 2/14/2013 4:23:21 AM
what
---
One of these days i'll learn to not get banned.
sure add me GT: yPPoLs
#3KageNoSenshiPosted 2/14/2013 4:26:36 AM
But how I easily can get a bad two?
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#4EDarienPosted 2/14/2013 6:19:40 AM
ShadowSnake698 posted...
omg i havent been doing great but i think the k/d is more for cod because halo alot of people can die alot and you a good one but easily can get a bad one

Sadly, I understood the point you were making. However, I disagree. CoD is the type of game where luck plays a LOT more into whether you live or die in a firefight. In a game like CoD K/D is actually very easy to inflate through camping and other "cheap" tactics.

Now, Halo 4 did introduce some of these with camo + BS and instant respawn, but overall is still the game that takes more skill to get a kill, but also rewards skill by having a shield system in collusion with cover, armor abilities, radar and other perks. Some of them are CoD-esque, yes. However, Simply having shields and using sight-lines brings this game to a place where CoD can never be. My K/D on record is horrible. Let me get that out of the way. However, when I do play MM it's often Objective and SWAT. The reason I bring this up is that SWAT plays a lot like CoD simply by not having shields. One pistol shot from across the map is instant-death. That's how all the guns work in CoD. It's "arcade" to its core. Arcade-style games like that have no business with stats. It's all just random running and gunning for the sake of "I shot you in the FACE!" Which is fun and can help decompress after a long day, but brings nothing to gaming in the regards of skill or competitive play.

Halo is a game of skill and stats help keep track of that. I feel like if I only played regular Slayer, my K/D would likely hover 1.5-2.0. However, playing objective lists and the run 'n gun SWAT have thrown it into the gutter. That said, the stats are here to stay whether any of us like or dislike them. However, I would like to see things like K/D and win% be shown more in context of gametypes. Win/Loss is much more indicitive of skill, albeit still skewed thanks to randoms, in objective games, while K/D tells you how good someone can be in a Slayer match, but again randoms can dump a 5:1 player into 20% win rate with nothing he can do. Bad luck is bad luck.
---
Lali-ho!
#5KageNoSenshiPosted 2/14/2013 6:25:43 AM
^LOL there's so much wrong w/ this post... /smh
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#6Asherlee10Posted 2/14/2013 7:00:53 AM
Can someone translate what TC said?
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#7enterthemadroxPosted 2/14/2013 11:40:18 AM
EDarien posted...
ShadowSnake698 posted...

Sadly, I understood the point you were making. However, I disagree. CoD is the type of game where luck plays a LOT more into whether you live or die in a firefight. In a game like CoD K/D is actually very easy to inflate through camping and other "cheap" tactics.

Now, Halo 4 did introduce some of these with camo + BS and instant respawn, but overall is still the game that takes more skill to get a kill, but also rewards skill by having a shield system in collusion with cover, armor abilities, radar and other perks. Some of them are CoD-esque, yes. However, Simply having shields and using sight-lines brings this game to a place where CoD can never be. My K/D on record is horrible. Let me get that out of the way. However, when I do play MM it's often Objective and SWAT. The reason I bring this up is that SWAT plays a lot like CoD simply by not having shields. One pistol shot from across the map is instant-death. That's how all the guns work in CoD. It's "arcade" to its core. Arcade-style games like that have no business with stats. It's all just random running and gunning for the sake of "I shot you in the FACE!" Which is fun and can help decompress after a long day, but brings nothing to gaming in the regards of skill or competitive play.

Halo is a game of skill and stats help keep track of that. I feel like if I only played regular Slayer, my K/D would likely hover 1.5-2.0. However, playing objective lists and the run 'n gun SWAT have thrown it into the gutter. That said, the stats are here to stay whether any of us like or dislike them. However, I would like to see things like K/D and win% be shown more in context of gametypes. Win/Loss is much more indicitive of skill, albeit still skewed thanks to randoms, in objective games, while K/D tells you how good someone can be in a Slayer match, but again randoms can dump a 5:1 player into 20% win rate with nothing he can do. Bad luck is bad luck.

Totally agreed.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#8Scooby510Posted 2/14/2013 11:42:19 AM
EDarien posted...
ShadowSnake698 posted...

u wot m8
---
Lil B is my friend.
#9EDarienPosted 2/14/2013 1:32:12 PM
Scooby510 posted...
EDarien posted...
ShadowSnake698 posted...

u wot m8

It's like he's trying to speak to me ... I know it! Haha, sorry, just kidding and I love that Finding Nemo line. But seriously, I have no idea what you're saying, sorry.

Kage, always nice to have you randomly jump in, give an opinion without clarification or purpose and then flutter off again.
---
Lali-ho!
#10RAGEface14Posted 2/14/2013 1:39:50 PM
Scooby510 posted...
EDarien posted...
ShadowSnake698 posted...

u wot m8

What is this I don't even
---
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
GT: RAGEface14 (I DO NOT accept random requests)