why Exile, why?????????

#11EDarienPosted 2/14/2013 2:31:58 PM
BIOHAZZARD1 posted...
People always vote for that or Ragnarok. It's incredibly ridiculous.

I hate to recommend "special rules" but I feel like BTB could really do with Rag and Exile always being presented together. This way you'll likely get more variety between the two of them, and then when neither are in there you'll definitely get a game in another map. Can only serve to increase variety, even if it is a lame tactic to resort to in order to get that variety.
---
Lali-ho!
#12AdamskaPosted 2/14/2013 2:45:47 PM
In my experience people prefer Exile over Rag.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#13avidstarPosted 2/14/2013 3:08:09 PM
they should just make it so there's 2 maps to vote for instead of 3 at least until more maps are released
#14phillyeagles123Posted 2/14/2013 3:12:13 PM
It would be cool if 343 did what Battlefield 3 does with their servers, where you can search for games on specific maps only. We could check which maps we want to play on and leave the ones we don't want to play on unchecked. This way, everyone gets to play on the maps they want to play on.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#15EDarienPosted 2/15/2013 5:18:33 AM
phillyeagles123 posted...
It would be cool if 343 did what Battlefield 3 does with their servers, where you can search for games on specific maps only. We could check which maps we want to play on and leave the ones we don't want to play on unchecked. This way, everyone gets to play on the maps they want to play on.

That could be fun. My only problem w/ it is that I actually do like those maps. Just not EVERY match. It's been so long that I forget the details, but didn't the older Halos just give you a map/gametype and then enough people had to veto it to get something else? Seems like a better way of ensuring variety than leaving it to the masses in voting.
---
Lali-ho!
#16KageNoSenshiPosted 2/15/2013 5:28:30 AM
Maybe 343 could implement an algorithm that causes overplayed maps to decrease from the rotation for certain periods of time (perhaps during peak daily population, peak hours on weekends, every other week, etc etc.)
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#17esprailePosted 2/15/2013 5:28:44 AM
I generally play BTB if i'm in the mood for some vehicle battles, so I like it when it turns into tank/guass battles.

Otherwise I player normal slayer. Although I do agree with you that people vote for this and ragnarock too often.
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
#18winged_weltallPosted 2/15/2013 6:12:52 AM
Just hang around the edges of the map, the gauss hogs and tanks become pathetic if you do that. I don't know how many gauss hogs and tanks I've taken out just by playing defensively.
---
Gamertag: Private Filth
#19Asherlee10Posted 2/15/2013 6:24:31 AM
winged_weltall posted...
Just hang around the edges of the map, the gauss hogs and tanks become pathetic if you do that. I don't know how many gauss hogs and tanks I've taken out just by playing defensively.

This guy gets it. It is VERY easy to dominate in Exile without vehicles.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."