Exile: Replace Gauss Hog with Rocket Hog?

#1Mr_arizonaPosted 2/14/2013 1:58:47 PM
Rockets will allow it to still compete with the Scorpion and Banshee while not making it a long distance sniping machine. Either risk it up close or just spray and pray rockets.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
#2iRGushPosted 2/14/2013 1:59:38 PM
you know nothing of balance if you think a rocket hog can take on a scorpion

this is coming from someone who has probably less than 15 games of btb in halo 4
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#3SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/14/2013 2:00:40 PM
The tank would be able to avoid the rockets from long range and still destroy it. If they take out the Gauss, they gotta take out the Tank too.
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#4phillyeagles123Posted 2/14/2013 3:17:14 PM
All they need to do is either move the starting spawns so they are more balanced between the Scorpion and the Guasshog, or move the Scorpion and Guasshog.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#5AdamskaPosted 2/14/2013 3:18:23 PM
iRGush posted...
you know nothing of balance if you think a rocket hog can take on a scorpion

this is coming from someone who has probably less than 15 games of btb in halo 4

---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#6enterthemadroxPosted 2/14/2013 3:35:32 PM
Gauss isn't a long distance sniping machine anyway.

If you've got a good driver, sure, it's a deathcab but otherwise, most people in my experience leave it alone or sit in the gunner position firing it while it stays by the blue spawn with no one wanting to drive it.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#7InLovingMemory7Posted 2/14/2013 3:42:21 PM
I have no idea who you guys are playing with, but I'd rather be gunning in the Gauss than using the tank... That thing IS a long-distance sniping machine and with a competent driver nets me 10-15+ kills every time I hop in it...

The rocket hog is so awful, it would create complete imbalance considering the Red team has the best path to the Scorpion. The map is fine as it is.
---
GT: InLovingMemory7
#8enterthemadroxPosted 2/14/2013 3:46:44 PM
InLovingMemory7 posted...
I have no idea who you guys are playing with, but I'd rather be gunning in the Gauss than using the tank...

I don't even see the tank in use in my games unless I go after it. BTB games I've played on Exile have mostly been on foot with the vehicles being left alone and the few times vehicles ARE used, it's usually the regular Hog or the Banshee but again, those are rare.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#9SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/14/2013 3:50:05 PM
Every match of Exile I play on red team involves me rushing to grab the snipe, stepping 5 steps to the right, sniping the blue going for the rocket and sniping the Guass gunner out of the back of the hog while he's gunning down the reds going for the tank. Usually it takes a driver a few seconds to realize he's down a gunner, and by the time he starts his retreat the tank takes care of that. By that time the only thing I have to worry about is whether or not the other reds managed to take the Banshee, if they did then the match is a very, very short one.
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux