Tips on how to open on tank spawn at Exile?

#1SlickwillybPosted 2/15/2013 8:23:41 AM
I still have figured out a good opening move on exile if I don't spawn by the gauss hog. If we're in the "tank" spawn, it's a 50-50 scrum to actually get there, secure the tank, and have the tank not get destroyed. Going for banshee doesn't seem to be great either because the gauss hog is so effective.

Basically, how do you guys deal with the gauss hog if you spawn tank side?
#2JaidabeccaPosted 2/15/2013 8:38:14 AM
I always rush Rockets, go in the little under-area right next to it & wait until they either pass by or I can get close enough to get them.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#3Asherlee10Posted 2/15/2013 8:46:33 AM
Stay on the outside of the map and destroy the tank. I find the only viable vehicle on that map is the Gauss Hog because of its speed and power. The tank is a waste if you don't have a team to protect you from getting destroyed.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#4Slickwillyb(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:49:08 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
Stay on the outside of the map and destroy the tank. I find the only viable vehicle on that map is the Gauss Hog because of its speed and power. The tank is a waste if you don't have a team to protect you from getting destroyed.

Right, but how do I deal with the gauss hog if I do that?

Also, isn't the rocket launcher equal distance from both spawns? How do you get close enough to hit the hog? Can it be done reliably?
#5Asherlee10Posted 2/15/2013 8:52:17 AM
Slickwillyb posted...
Right, but how do I deal with the gauss hog if I do that?

On the edges of the map, use the cover and carry a PP to immobilize it.

Personally, I focus on the gunner and pump bullets into his head to get him out of the way quickly because I don't carry a PP. That or if I can pick up the sniper first, I've gotten decent at the single headshot to the gunner or driver.
---
#6Asherlee10Posted 2/15/2013 8:52:54 AM
Slickwillyb posted...
Also, isn't the rocket launcher equal distance from both spawns? How do you get close enough to hit the hog? Can it be done reliably?

It seems slightly closer to Blue only because there are less things in the way. But you may be right.
---
#7MrFish86Posted 2/15/2013 8:53:51 AM
It's a team effort with that map and spawn. First off, you need at least two people to go for those rockets, or else your tank gets owned too quickly. Personally though I make sure I have my vehicle loadout on, and then I sprint to the mongoose, and take it directly to the tank to shave off a few extra seconds. If your team says they have rockets, pull out of the cave ASAP, and look right for the dumb guass hog drives that challenge the tank. If you do it enough, you'll learn exactly where to aim every single time to hit that gauss hog before you even see it coming. BUT if your team does not get rockets, you have to stay in the cave and nail that rocket user before you can go anywhere safely.

Also, when you kill the gauss hog, or if your tank blows up you NEED to know the exact time that happened, so that you can make a push for those vehicle spawns when they come back. Gauss Hog= 2 minute respawn, Scorpion= 3 minute respawn. Although the gauss hog's timer is often busted, and won't respawn on time or at all. Not sure why..... The tank behaves though!

TL;DR grab mongoose, get tank, secure rockets, land that gauss hog shot, TIME EVERYTHING! Do all that, and it'll be hard to lose on that map!
#8tranceaddict19Posted 2/15/2013 9:03:43 AM
same everytime rush sniper and camp all day
---
360 GT- eljuanandonly
#9esqueleto76Posted 2/15/2013 9:49:42 AM
Ghost Rider checking in. 18 kill streak before i have to bail and grab the second. Tank-Guy: be a good chap and keep that gauss hog off my back.
---
Xbox Live: holyfedaykin
#10EDarienPosted 2/15/2013 9:55:08 AM
esqueleto76 posted...
Ghost Rider checking in. 18 kill streak before i have to bail and grab the second. Tank-Guy: be a good chap and keep that gauss hog off my back.

Negative, Ghost Rider. Rocket guy is dead and I am in EMP stasis. Repeat. Negative, Ghost Rider. In EMP stasis.
---
Lali-ho!