Tips on how to open on tank spawn at Exile?

#11SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/15/2013 11:07:00 AM
When you spawn (red or blue) hope you're in the front of your group and sprint forward and to the right, there will be a sniper rifle there. On the red side if you keep sprinting, obviously there's the tank, blue side if you keep sprinting up into the cave there's the banshee.

I usually snipe the whole map. If you sprint into the cave (blue start) after the sniper rifle you can sit there and pick off Reds as they spawn, on red starts you can sprint up into the cave behind the tank and sit in the high opening and pick of blues as they spawn, this has horrible vehicle coverage though, a banshee fuel rod, tank, or well placed Guass will mess your day up.

Sometimes I change it up and grab the Banshee, sometimes I just run and gun with the DMR. In the caves in the center of the map are good places for cover while firing into either blue or red base (depending on your start)
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#12SpikeTbearPosted 2/15/2013 12:58:30 PM
Maybe 343 should make this map a little more fair in the next update by spawning the tank on red side. As it stands now, unless you have a well-coordinated 8 person party, red team loses 80% of the time.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#13SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/15/2013 12:59:57 PM
Maybe 343 should make this map a little more fair in the next update by spawning the tank on red side. As it stands now, unless you have a well-coordinated 8 person party, red team loses 80% of the time.

...What?

Got that backwards buddy. Red teams slightly closer to the tank, they're about equal to the banshee.
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#14SpikeTbearPosted 2/15/2013 1:09:02 PM
But often times, Guass=win, since it pwns other vehicles in 2 shots. It can hit at infinite distance, so if you have a good driver you can use it as basically a sniper rifle. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy all the times I went 50-2 as a Guass gunner, but the other team must have felt the Guass was way OP.
---
#15BeekBeekDanPosted 2/15/2013 1:37:47 PM
About the gauss hog spawn being busted my friend thinks if the other hog is sitting in its spawn it will delay the gauss hogs spawn. And to his credit everytime he gets in the regular hog and drives away a bit the gauss always spawned right on cue. I get that people who play by themselves will think this is kinda pointless since you will be far away at the time gauss spawns but the only time I play is when I have a guest over and one of us always waits at the gauss hog while the other drives the regular hog away. It gets us a lot of gauss hogs
#16SpikeTbearPosted 2/15/2013 1:41:35 PM
BeekBeekDan posted...
About the gauss hog spawn being busted my friend thinks if the other hog is sitting in its spawn it will delay the gauss hogs spawn. And to his credit everytime he gets in the regular hog and drives away a bit the gauss always spawned right on cue. I get that people who play by themselves will think this is kinda pointless since you will be far away at the time gauss spawns but the only time I play is when I have a guest over and one of us always waits at the gauss hog while the other drives the regular hog away. It gets us a lot of gauss hogs

I noticed this too. Must be a glitch. You know, one time the game lagged at start, and when the match finally got going, we had 2 Gauss hogs, one on top of the other. LOL.
---
#17Slickwillyb(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:12:23 PM(edited)
Thanks for all the great thoughts, I'll start trying to grab the rockets and support the tank. I'll also pray that in Halo 5 the gauss will be more like Halo 2. It just seemed harder in that game.