How good a villain do you think "The Didact" `is?

#31TwilightEchoesPosted 2/17/2013 7:45:29 AM
Not good.

Little screentime. Senseless motivation. Looks like Voldemort.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#32ssj3bladePosted 2/17/2013 8:51:12 AM(edited)
I thought the Ur-Didact was allegedly killed when Mendicant Bias attacked the Capital world. I'm sure it's at least implied.

Another small annoyance is when the original Didact is revived from his Cryptum by Born stellar and the two humans, it takes him a few days to recover, after a stasis of less than 10,000 years. Whereas in Halo 4 when you revive him, he's active in seconds, after a stasis of ~ 100,000 years.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#33thedeerzordPosted 2/17/2013 9:06:41 AM
ssj3blade posted...
I thought the Ur-Didact was allegedly killed when Mendicant Bias attacked the Capital world. I'm sure it's at least implied.

Another small annoyance is when the original Didact is revived from his Cryptum by Born stellar and the two humans, it takes him a few days to recover, after a stasis of less than 10,000 years. Whereas in Halo 4 when you revive him, he's active in seconds, after a stasis of ~ 100,000 years.

But when he was awakened by Bornsteller, he wasn't properly awakened like he was in Halo 4. He was awakened unintentionally and perhaps his Cryptum was different at the time and he wasn't aware of the outside world like he was in Halo 4. Because in Halo 4 Didact was able to intercept Infinity's signal to trick Master Chief into awakening him. But in Halo:Cryptum he wasn't aware of reality.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#34EDarienPosted 2/18/2013 7:43:19 PM
Forgot to mention, Rage, I'm sigging you. At least for a while. Always go back to Lali-ho at some point, but your post was that good.

Just like to say in the thread, feels the polite thing to do.

Um. On-topic part. Still think Didact was lame. Barely there. Too powerful for the type of game/story this is. Deus ex machina is never acceptable anymore.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#35RAGEface14Posted 2/18/2013 8:07:27 PM
EDarien posted...
Forgot to mention, Rage, I'm sigging you. At least for a while. Always go back to Lali-ho at some point, but your post was that good.

Um. On-topic part. Still think Didact was lame. Barely there. Too powerful for the type of game/story this is. Deus ex machina is never acceptable anymore.

Thanks. As soon as I saw his face, I just thought, "VOLDEMORT!"

And at least it's not deus ex machina on the scale of War of the Worlds. That was terrible.
---
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
GT: RAGEface14 (I DO NOT accept random requests)
#36ssj3bladePosted 2/18/2013 8:12:51 PM
You might wanna check the spelling on that, it's actually Avada Kedavra.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#37EDarienPosted 2/20/2013 9:40:46 PM
RAGEface14 posted...
EDarien posted...

Thanks. As soon as I saw his face, I just thought, "VOLDEMORT!"

And at least it's not deus ex machina on the scale of War of the Worlds. That was terrible.

True story. Forget if it was on this board or not, but that's my "favorite" example of deus ex. It's a ridiculous tool and it needs to stop.

That is hilarious, though. I noticed the features, no real "nose" to speak of, but the comparison was just incredible, haha. Thanks again. This is likely to be my sig for a long time. I think I had my last non-Lali-ho sig for a good year or more. Good times.

As for the spelling, I think you're right, but a quote's a quote on my end. Still funny, regardless. Oh Didact ... I wonder if he had Netflix in that Cryptum (I think it's called?) to see just what he'd never be.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14