So I just played Team Snipers on Haven.

#11Phoenixmon2Posted 2/16/2013 10:25:29 AM
Shutout is just as bad, IMO
#12BANDlCOOTPosted 2/16/2013 10:30:19 AM
Shutout is just as bad, IMO

Eh this board is baed.

They went so wrong with Snipers in Reach. They've actually done a relatively good job with H4 from what I've played. They are trying to find a balance for hardcore and casual players and I admire that.
---
I think this just might be my masterpiece.
#13KageNoSenshiPosted 2/16/2013 10:32:10 AM
#12 BANDlCOOT Posted
They went so wrong with Snipers in Reach.

I assume you mean the playlist and not the weapon, but how so?
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#14BANDlCOOTPosted 2/16/2013 10:44:03 AM
Well for a very long time the maps were; Uncaged, Hemorrhage, Reflection, Powerhouse, Atom and Boardwalk. I may be missing one or two as it has been a while.

Uncaged was playable. It wasn't the best looking map and the spawns were easily abused and read, but at least they had some cover and it only became a problem if you played a full party.

Hemorrhage is the single worst map that's ever been in a Halo game.

Reflection was terrible for snipers, the corridors were too tight and restricted. It meant once someone got the lead it was immensely hard to come back.

Powerhouse is average. Other than the fact it was almost never an option or selected, there are no complaints.

Atom was a bad map. Once you get into the enemies half of the map, the spawn trap is stupidly easy even for one person to do by themselves.

Boardwalk was just a bad overall map. Wasn't the worst map for Snipers, but the lines of sight meant there weren't many angles to play with so overall didn't play all that well.

The maps just really didn't work. They didn't play well and they weren't fun to play on it. It didn't help that 75% of the time the community thought it was acceptable to vote for Hemorrhage. In case you were wondering, it is never acceptable to vote for it.
---
#15SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/16/2013 10:44:18 AM
Not all Sniper maps need to be on big ass BTIS maps.

You don't run around hoping you get head with snipe. That's when you know you're doing it wrong.
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#16KageNoSenshiPosted 2/16/2013 11:07:16 AM
Why is Hemorrhage worse than any other variant of that map?

I will probably never agree because Pinnacle is by far my least favorite map ever in Halo, but I'm too curious not to ask.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#17jakethenoobPosted 2/16/2013 11:15:18 AM
At least it wasn't a BTB map....or Complex...or Abandon
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#18SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/16/2013 11:16:33 AM
Hemorrhage is a pile of **** compared to Blood Gulch.
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#19KageNoSenshiPosted 2/16/2013 11:18:38 AM
Hmmm... maybe I just don't remember Blood Gulch that well, they seemed the same to me.
---
#20BANDlCOOTPosted 2/16/2013 1:25:38 PM
Why is Hemorrhage worse than any other variant of that map?

I will probably never agree because Pinnacle is by far my least favorite map ever in Halo, but I'm too curious not to ask.

Oh dear Pinnacle haha.

Erm well it is completely one sided. One team gets completely open spawns and no chance of winning. If the other team isn't very good their strategy simply turns to hiding behind anything they spawn next to so it becomes extremely trivial and boring. Not to mention sitting still is gash and it takes ages to traverse the map so if you die you have to move all over it again.

The map itself is very similar to Blood Gulch, however the gameplay is radically different in this Halo game. This was not taken into account and what is left is an absolutely shocking map.
---