Plasma Grenades

#1Young_HerculesPosted 2/16/2013 4:15:38 PM
I feel the Plasma Grenades are a little underpowered. They definitely have a much smaller blast radius than they did in previous games, and I feel the distance you can throw them has also declined. I guess they did it because you can spawn with plasmas now. Plasma's in Halo 3 were unreal. Probably my favorite thing about the game. I had serious range with the plasmas and could stick people across maps. On Guardian no one was safe. I knew all the angles and put the sticky in the right spots. Nothing like hitting someone right on the head across the map on Guardian right before they jump on that blue light thing that wooshes you forward. Glory days.
#2SlaveZero40Posted 2/16/2013 4:33:20 PM
All the grenades are weak as hell in this game to me. Spawning with plasmas is already OD in this game for how useful they are and since the blast radius is small, it's hard for an opponent to run straight towards a plasma grenade user and blow himself up.
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#3elitewarrior500Posted 2/16/2013 4:52:13 PM
plasmas... underpowered?

LOL BAD KID ALERT
---
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf
GT: Ceph Falco
#4EDarienPosted 2/16/2013 5:01:06 PM
elitewarrior500 posted...
plasmas... underpowered?

LOL BAD KID ALERT

They're not as powerful as past games is the point. Which is true. A stick is still an instant kill, so unless you can only throw them melee range, they'll never be considered "underpowered", but they're not what they used to be. I'm probably going to start picking frags, myself, other than my BTB loadout.
---
Lali-ho!
#5A_Soggy_RatPosted 2/16/2013 6:17:26 PM
EDarien posted...
elitewarrior500 posted...
plasmas... underpowered?

LOL BAD KID ALERT

They're not as powerful as past games is the point. Which is true. A stick is still an instant kill, so unless you can only throw them melee range, they'll never be considered "underpowered", but they're not what they used to be. I'm probably going to start picking frags, myself, other than my BTB loadout.

Most of the time the only people I see using plasmas outside of BTB are people that stay crouched in small spaces and stick you as soon as you walk past them.
---
Proud to be a farm animal until someone tells me otherwise.