Man, I just really broke Spartan Ops

#1Phoenixmon2Posted 2/16/2013 3:57:53 PM
I was doing the 3rd mission from this week, and at the end when you have to press the last button, one of the guys was blocking the terminal with the Scorpion. I still got the prompt to use it, and when I did my Spartan seemed to struggle to get to the thing and was pushing the Scorpion on of the way. After I pressed the button, my shields popped and I suddenly was standing somewhere else on the map, and the game just froze there. My shields kept beeping, but I couldn't even bring up the scoreboard or quit to the dashboard, and had to hold down the power button to turn off the console.

Spartan Ops is such a slog. I've tried that level 3 times now, quitting due to boredom, lag, and now this.
#2jats605Posted 2/16/2013 4:53:19 PM
If you're complaining about Lag in SpOps, it's because you doing it online.
If you're doing it online, you're doing it horribly horribly wrong.
---
Jets on runways with people in them can't be destroyed. Except sometimes they can but not most of the time. --it_r_over9000
#3metroidman92Posted 2/16/2013 7:45:08 PM
jats605 posted...
If you're complaining about Lag in SpOps, it's because you doing it online.
If you're doing it online, you're doing it horribly horribly wrong.

Co-op with friends?
---
If you even think about coming after your brother, this bullet will be waiting for you!
#4Phoenixmon2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 8:04:49 PM
Spartan Ops sure ain't any better solo

at least online Legendary is a little easier...and you can earn Wheelman medals
#5kyboticaPosted 2/17/2013 10:44:35 AM
If spartan ops is lagging when you play solo, youve got some serious issues with your system or setup or something. Ive never had any lag issue playong solo and the lag i get when iplaymultiplayer isn't that bad anyways. Well, most of the time.......
---
"I mean, if I killed George Bush that wouldn't make portals to Iraq appear in my front yard." -Massany7 on Oblivion
#6Link43130Posted 2/17/2013 12:37:42 PM
Considering the pitiful amount of XP you get for playing a mission of Spartan Ops is a custom game compared to matchmaking I don't see why anyone would bother playing that way.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#7Phoenixmon2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 1:00:03 PM(edited)
kybotica posted...
If spartan ops is lagging when you play solo, youve got some serious issues with your system or setup or something. Ive never had any lag issue playong solo and the lag i get when iplaymultiplayer isn't that bad anyways. Well, most of the time.......

I meant it's not any better on solo because of the monotony of dying over and over and over. You can do it on a lower difficulty, but you won't get the same enemy types.

Link43130 posted...
Considering the pitiful amount of XP you get for playing a mission of Spartan Ops is a custom game compared to matchmaking I don't see why anyone would bother playing that way.

****, I'm 130...I don't even know why I play the missions...I keep hoping it's some new interesting gameplay, but it's nothing mind blowing. Maybe the story is a draw, but they mostly just develop the story in the CG cutscenes.
#8ssj3bladePosted 2/17/2013 1:04:58 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
I meant it's not any better on solo because of the monotony of dying over and over and over. You can do it on a lower difficulty, but you won't get the same enemy types.

Lol get better. I play solo Legendary and die 10 times Max when having a bad game.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#9SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/17/2013 1:05:31 PM

Because leveling up is the only reason to play this game?

****, I've had this game since launch, leave it on while I'm AFK for hours at a time (which is why it says my play time is 5+ days), still have less than 1000 games played and am only a level 108 and I STILL don't try to farm exp or go through spart-ops online.

Levels. Are. Crap. They belong in an RPG, not a shooter.
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz --GT-Spidux