Am I the only one who thinks....

#11KageNoSenshiPosted 2/17/2013 5:27:34 AM
And (based on your account of H1 & 3) you don't think it was a problem that an entire mag from a weapon couldn't kill an enemy?
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#12TANGGOLFPosted 2/17/2013 5:35:14 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...
And (based on your account of H1 & 3) you don't think it was a problem that an entire mag from a weapon couldn't kill an enemy?

Not when the weapon is categorized as "support". Any Halo veteran knows the AR has always been a "Shield down" wep, then you switch to BR or Pistol to finish the job. The prior AR variants made an enemy one shot in one clip, which isn't bad at all.
#13KageNoSenshiPosted 2/17/2013 5:39:27 AM
You realize that the H1 AR had 60 round mags right? Why would you bother using a weapon that has to fire more than 60 rounds to kill somebody when the pistol could drop shields in 2 hits?

You realize that's why no one ever used the AR in H1 right? How do you figure that's good design?

Categorized as support by whom, btw?
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#14TANGGOLFPosted 2/17/2013 5:53:41 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...
You realize that the H1 AR had 60 round mags right? Why would you bother using a weapon that has to fire more than 60 rounds to kill somebody when the pistol could drop shields in 2 hits?

You realize that's why no one ever used the AR in H1 right? How do you figure that's good design?

I'm going to ignore you ignorance and just say:

How can you possibly think bringing the AR up to a one clip kill is an okay thing? Now you have AR, BR, DMR, Pistol, Carbine, LR, Storm Rifle, and Suppressor that are all one clip kills when it used to just be Pistol, Carbine, and BR. Doing this is an example of how 343S has now watered down it's multiplayer to better suit less skilled players, as BLOPS2 has done, which is NEVER a good thing.
#15KageNoSenshiPosted 2/17/2013 5:58:29 AM
WTF are you talking about?

The DMR has a 15-round mag and kills in 5 shots. That's up to 3 kills per mag. The pistol in CE could kill in 3 shots and had a 12-round mag. That's up to 4 kills per.

The AR being unable to get a single kill in one entire mag makes it laughably underpowered. You must think it's a good idea to be hopelessly outclassed on spawn.
---
#16TANGGOLFPosted 2/17/2013 6:06:42 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...
WTF are you talking about?

The DMR has a 15-round mag and kills in 5 shots. That's up to 3 kills per mag. The pistol in CE could kill in 3 shots and had a 12-round mag. That's up to 4 kills per.

The AR being unable to get a single kill in one entire mag makes it laughably underpowered. You must think it's a good idea to be hopelessly outclassed on spawn.

I wouldn't know. I stopped playing custom loadout game types after being killed by the OP AR multiple times. Thank god they brought back swat
#17KageNoSenshiPosted 2/17/2013 6:11:19 AM
LOL I already knew you were a bad, but thanks for removing any doubt.
---
#18ArnoxPosted 2/17/2013 8:34:15 AM
Wrong. The Halo 3 AR can take someone down with one clip. Doesn't even have to be a full clip if I remember correctly. Seriously, the Halo 3 AR gets way too much crap for what it can do.

As to the Halo 4 AR, I'm sure OP thinks it's OP because he keeps trying to beat other players who use the AR with his precision weapon like it's Reach.
#19SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/17/2013 10:23:50 AM
I know you can kill two people with one clip of needler rifleFrom: TANGGOLF | Posted: 2/17/2013 5:53:41 AM | #014
KageNoSenshi posted...

I'm going to ignore you ignorance and just say:

How can you possibly think bringing the AR up to a one clip kill is an okay thing? Now you have AR, BR, DMR, Pistol, Carbine, LR, Storm Rifle, and Suppressor that are all one clip kills when it used to just be Pistol, Carbine, and BR. Doing this is an example of how 343S has now watered down it's multiplayer to better suit less skilled players, as BLOPS2 has done, which is NEVER a good thing.

Dude, have you even played a ****ing Halo game before because it seems to me that you're ignorant about the most basic of things.
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz --GT-Spidux
#20AdamskaPosted 2/17/2013 12:32:12 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
The Needler feels very situational in this game. It's only real good in spaces your enemy can't move side to side very far, and you have to be at the right range for the needles to lock on. You don't get much ammo either. A few misses and you might end up only getting one kill with the thing.

The AR could have slightly better accuracy, IMO. It should be a capable mid range weapon.

Agreed on the Needler. I can't use it for ****, but I've seen people own with it. Even my nephew who hardly plays the game went on a supercombine spree with it. Meh.

The AR is fine IMO.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot