Will the new updates bring a decent amount of people back?

#1heedtheninja67Posted 2/17/2013 5:16:29 PM(edited)
I stopped playing a couple months ago, as well as a lot of my friends. I don't exactly know why, but lack of ranks and good playlists/maps definitely contributed. Even though they added Snipers and Doubles, I find it hard to even put this game in. Maybe I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything with the way this game tracks progress.

If they just add things that should've been there in the beginning, rather than 6 months down the line, I feel like that won't help. Some people say this game is far from a "true" Halo. I kind of agree, but don't have words for why that is. Maybe I'm just getting old.
#2MR_NEEDLERPosted 2/17/2013 5:11:11 PM
no

it will just make current players play more
---
One of these days i'll learn to not get banned.
sure add me GT: yPPoLs
#3iRGushPosted 2/17/2013 5:13:58 PM
MR_NEEDLER posted...
no

it will just make current players play more

basically this.

even with all the great updates that have been happening, the population has remained basically the same, if not dropping. TU might bring people back, assuming its good.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#4SlaveZero40Posted 2/17/2013 11:06:06 PM
For many people who don't even do research on games like this, they won't even know that this game has gotten an update or that ranks are back. Unless word spreads to even people who never really care enough about game to watch vids on Halo, there just won't be a significant change.
It has to be shoved in people's face like a commercial or something.
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#5MetroidBobPosted 2/18/2013 12:44:02 AM
I haven't been playing this but I have kept up with it through friends that still play. I am pretty interested in getting back into it, but first BF3 and Crysis 3 have to start wearing out. I'm pretty sure that by mid March I'll be back on H4 to catch up on Spartan ops and see how all the updates have affected MP. If I like what I see, I will spread the word around to my other friends.

As the above poster said, lots of people won't even hear about any TUs or even minor updates, so its up to word of mouth to get the news out there. Hop on your friends list and get some of them that use to play to check it out again. Its the best you can do.
---
This next test applies the principles of momentum to movement through portals. If the laws of physics no longer apply in the future, God help you. - Portal 2
#6Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/18/2013 12:57:03 AM
I never even bought this half-assed excuse for a Halo game, tbh. I only played the Campaign at a friend's house and a bit of MP every now and then.

Goddamn I miss real Halo games.
#7metalclashPosted 2/18/2013 2:13:38 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
I never even bought this half-assed excuse for a Halo game, tbh. I only played the Campaign at a friend's house and a bit of MP every now and then.

Goddamn I miss real Halo games.

i can agree with this

the lack of big team objective is really gettiing me angry

yes i mad, yes i bad for btb, no i'm not a brony
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.
#8Asherlee10Posted 2/18/2013 6:57:01 AM
metalclash posted...
the lack of big team objective is really gettiing me angry

Out of everything you mention this?
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#9KIngdomSora50Posted 2/18/2013 6:57:49 AM
I've heard of many people coming back to this game because of the playlist.
#10SunDevil77Posted 2/18/2013 7:04:25 AM
Nah the updates themselves won't, but the map pack will, and when they come back to play the new maps, they'll see it's been much improved.

Map packs have brought in crowds in the past
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.