why did 343 have to ruin this game?

#1PrincessNellaPosted 2/18/2013 10:45:53 AM
if they would've just stayed to the script and not added loadouts, classes, xp rating system, perks, and a crappy storyline, it might have been a good game
#2iRGushPosted 2/18/2013 10:46:27 AM
stop making sense
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#3TwilightEchoesPosted 2/18/2013 10:52:40 AM(edited)
They have to try something new for the series. Otherwise it would just be Reach reskinned. You can't fault them in attempting to update the franchise.

And "not adding" a crappy storyline requires a good storyline, which is easier said than done. It's not like the Halo games have ever had interesting storylines, anyway.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#4PrincessNella(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 10:52:36 AM
TwilightEchoes posted...
They have to try something new for the series. Otherwise it would just be Reach reskinned.

And "not adding" a crappy storyline requires a good storyline, which is easier said than done. It's not like the Halo games have ever had interesting storylines, anyway.

If I wanted a COD-esque FPS I would have bought COD. Why did 343 let go of the things that made Halo 1, 2, and 3 original?
#5phillyeagles123Posted 2/18/2013 11:03:34 AM
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is "ruined"
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#6SunDevil77Posted 2/18/2013 11:28:42 AM
PrincessNella posted...
TwilightEchoes posted...
They have to try something new for the series. Otherwise it would just be Reach reskinned.

If I wanted a COD-esque FPS I would have bought COD. Why did 343 let go of the things that made Halo 1, 2, and 3 original?

I love this. People think CoD invented any of these features.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#7L337_MuffenPosted 2/18/2013 11:52:14 AM
phillyeagles123 posted...
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is "ruined"

---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#8jakethenoobPosted 2/18/2013 12:20:47 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
PrincessNella posted...
TwilightEchoes posted...

What I love is when kids assume that people are saying CoD "invented" anything.

I don't know why I keep having to tell people that if CoD 4 didn't have basically any of the features it had, they would not have caught on in FPS games today.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#9SunDevil77Posted 2/18/2013 12:26:43 PM
jakethenoob posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
PrincessNella posted...
TwilightEchoes posted...

What I love is when kids assume that people are saying CoD "invented" anything.

I don't know why I keep having to tell people that if CoD 4 didn't have basically any of the features it had, they would not have caught on in FPS games today.

I love kids calling other people kids.
I also love when people talk about something that can't be proven. "If x didn't happen then y CLEARLY would NEVER happen"
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#10DvoloS88Posted 2/18/2013 12:38:24 PM
Why did bungie have to sell halo as a franchise just to make a whole new universe that looks great but gameplay wise looks like HALO. They could of taken halo to a whole new level gameplay,story,multiplayer, instead they adopted the cod syndrome and made same game over and over. They would of done the same with halo4, so im glad 343 tried new things trial and error people.