why did 343 have to ruin this game?

#31SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/18/2013 3:57:57 PM
Nevermind the fact that Halo is as much of a variation of Marathon as this new game will be to Halo...

Some peoples children, man...
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz --GT-Spidux
#32PrincessNella(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 3:58:02 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
PrincessNella posted...
TwilightEchoes posted...
They have to try something new for the series. Otherwise it would just be Reach reskinned.

And "not adding" a crappy storyline requires a good storyline, which is easier said than done. It's not like the Halo games have ever had interesting storylines, anyway.

If I wanted a COD-esque FPS I would have bought COD. Why did 343 let go of the things that made Halo 1, 2, and 3 original?

I love this. People think CoD invented any of these features.

What are you actually arguing here? Whether or not COD invented any of those features does not affect my claim that those features are what ruined Halo 4. I said COD-esque because COD is probably the most recognizable game with those features, so most people will know what I'm talking about.
#33Paper_Mario_4Posted 2/18/2013 4:11:38 PM
343i has buried the remnants of Halo deep inside their studio [monkey playground]
#34SunDevil77Posted 2/18/2013 4:20:14 PM
PrincessNella posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
PrincessNella posted...
TwilightEchoes posted...
They have to try something new for the series. Otherwise it would just be Reach reskinned.

And "not adding" a crappy storyline requires a good storyline, which is easier said than done. It's not like the Halo games have ever had interesting storylines, anyway.

If I wanted a COD-esque FPS I would have bought COD. Why did 343 let go of the things that made Halo 1, 2, and 3 original?

What are you actually arguing here? Whether or not COD invented any of those features does not affect my claim that those features are what ruined Halo 4. I said COD-esque because COD is probably the most recognizable game with those features, so most people will know what I'm talking about.

Damnit. He got me.
User Name PrincessNella
User ID 6731147
Board User Level 10: Provisional (1)
New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 1 topic, 10 messages per day (3 per hour)
Account Created Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:02 PM
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#35BansheeNTDmodePosted 2/18/2013 4:23:03 PM
i think the halo franchise went down the ++++hole when reach came out with armor abilities. It was better when there were no powers not even sprint and weapons spawn on the map instead of ordinance drops. Halo 2 was the best in terms of story and multiplayer.
it became casual cause of firefight etc.
#36mr_teaspoonPosted 2/18/2013 4:28:51 PM
It's one thing to dislike what 343 did, that's totally OK and valid. But to suggest that they should have 'stayed to the script' and not done anything new with the game is not a good idea, I think.
#37LoneWolf4545Posted 2/18/2013 4:30:14 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
PrincessNella posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
PrincessNella posted...
TwilightEchoes posted...

Damnit. He got me.
User Name PrincessNella
User ID 6731147
Board User Level 10: Provisional (1)
New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 1 topic, 10 messages per day (3 per hour)
Account Created Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:02 PM

What does that have to do with anything? You made a stupid assumption. How does his user level change that?
---
GT: swkids
#38SunDevil77Posted 2/18/2013 4:38:47 PM
How was my assumption stupid?
Hell, it's not even an assumption. These are common FPS features that have become popular in ALL FPS'. Not just Halo. If you don't like these additions, it's not likely you'll like ANY FPS to come out in the near future.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#39LoneWolf4545Posted 2/18/2013 4:45:25 PM
That because he said cod-esque he thinks that cod iinvented all of that stuff. For the most part yes that is a stupid assumption.
---
GT: swkids