Why all the hate for the story?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why all the hate for the story?

User Info: corporaltaco

corporaltaco
3 years ago#1
I'm talking about Halo in general, not just Halo 4. The only thing I have not liked is the "lol no john you are the chosen one" thing. It was a little forced and corny. Aside from that though I enjoy the Halo Story and it's lore. So I ask you honestly, if you don't like the story, why not?

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
3 years ago#2
Personal reasons? I agree there's nothing really objectionable about the story. Are people complaining about it?

User Info: vogelkacke

vogelkacke
3 years ago#3
what hate ?

User Info: Gkweic

Gkweic
3 years ago#4
well it kinda felt like they didn't explain anything, like you meet this guy and suddenly cortana starts calling him a didact for no discernible reason and his motives arent really explained etc, i love big deep scifi stories but you shouldn't have to read a book to understand the main villain of the game.

User Info: Demigod_Elessar

Demigod_Elessar
3 years ago#5
Gkweic posted...
you shouldn't have to read a book to understand

Ehh... I'm really tired of hearing this excuse. Good lord.
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar

User Info: mocity_gangsta

mocity_gangsta
3 years ago#6
Whats funny is at this point you dont have to spend a cent on the books. Ever heard of wikipedia....maybe this thing called google?
XBL GT: Mocity Gangsta
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Far Cry 3, Streets of Rage Vintage Collection "Rise Above"

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#7
I thought it was kind of renown for having one of the strongest story for FPS'

A couple people might have some gripes, but overall.
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.

User Info: Gkweic

Gkweic
3 years ago#8
No i mean i've read all the backstory and its really good but i feel it should have been in the game, even on the back of the box it says a new saga is starting.

User Info: LoneWolf4545

LoneWolf4545
3 years ago#9
Halo has one of the better overall stories when it comes to just straight up FPS.... But that isn't saying much. Still doesnt stop it from having a generic story with generic characters.
GT: swkids

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#10
Actually, lonewolf, it does. If you read the terminals and whatnot, Halo has a very deep story.
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why all the hate for the story?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived