Why all the hate for the story?

#1corporaltacoPosted 2/19/2013 12:30:13 PM
I'm talking about Halo in general, not just Halo 4. The only thing I have not liked is the "lol no john you are the chosen one" thing. It was a little forced and corny. Aside from that though I enjoy the Halo Story and it's lore. So I ask you honestly, if you don't like the story, why not?
#2WebsandWigsPosted 2/19/2013 2:06:23 PM
Personal reasons? I agree there's nothing really objectionable about the story. Are people complaining about it?
#3vogelkackePosted 2/19/2013 2:07:29 PM
what hate ?
#4GkweicPosted 2/19/2013 2:20:22 PM
well it kinda felt like they didn't explain anything, like you meet this guy and suddenly cortana starts calling him a didact for no discernible reason and his motives arent really explained etc, i love big deep scifi stories but you shouldn't have to read a book to understand the main villain of the game.
#5Demigod_ElessarPosted 2/19/2013 2:27:45 PM
Gkweic posted...
you shouldn't have to read a book to understand

Ehh... I'm really tired of hearing this excuse. Good lord.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#6mocity_gangstaPosted 2/19/2013 2:32:03 PM
Whats funny is at this point you dont have to spend a cent on the books. Ever heard of wikipedia....maybe this thing called google?
---
XBL GT: Mocity Gangsta
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Far Cry 3, Streets of Rage Vintage Collection "Rise Above"
#7SunDevil77Posted 2/19/2013 2:32:20 PM
I thought it was kind of renown for having one of the strongest story for FPS'

A couple people might have some gripes, but overall.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#8GkweicPosted 2/19/2013 2:39:47 PM
No i mean i've read all the backstory and its really good but i feel it should have been in the game, even on the back of the box it says a new saga is starting.
#9LoneWolf4545Posted 2/19/2013 3:25:48 PM
Halo has one of the better overall stories when it comes to just straight up FPS.... But that isn't saying much. Still doesnt stop it from having a generic story with generic characters.
---
GT: swkids
#10SunDevil77Posted 2/19/2013 3:37:46 PM
Actually, lonewolf, it does. If you read the terminals and whatnot, Halo has a very deep story.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.