Stealing Ordinance

#11Asherlee10Posted 2/20/2013 5:03:02 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
Honestly, sometimes I've called ordnance then ran away from it to let someone on my team benefit more from it than I ever would.

I have too. I'm terrible with the Rocket Launcher, so I let someone else pick it up generally.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#12lderivedxPosted 2/20/2013 5:09:35 PM
This game has the most unpredictable collision physics for Spartans, I get really pissed off every time a team mate sends me flying off to the side when they sprint into me

It still takes 1-2 secs for them to pick up your drop and you pick it up basically instantaneously.
---
I was never aiming to be mature though. I was aiming to be right and dammit, I've got good aim. - MrSty GT: i derive dx
#13AdamskaPosted 2/20/2013 5:14:40 PM
Depends on the circumstance.

If I call out an ordnance and I get killed before I can pick it up then cool. Better have a teammate wield the Inci canon than an opposing player.

However if I call it and by some weird random wist of fate I fail to retrieve it immediately(such as being pushed off the 2nd level or something similar) and my teammate picks it up for the lol. I rage.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#14AdamskaPosted 2/20/2013 5:20:35 PM
HybridSnake posted...
Depends on the circumstance.

If I call out an ordnance and I get killed before I can pick it up then cool. Better have a teammate wield the Inci canon than an opposing player.

However if I call it and by some weird random wist of fate I fail to retrieve it immediately(such as being pushed off the 2nd level or something similar) and my teammate picks it up for the lol. I rage.

Crap. So many typos.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#15Ace_KilljoyPosted 2/20/2013 5:49:20 PM
I think this has really only happened to me once. Usually I'm right on top of the drop a split second after it lands (with the exception of those times when it "drops" and is absolutely nowhere to be found).
---
Proud member of the Global Defence Force.
http://img.imgcake.com/AlecTrevylan006/AceKilljoyShieldpngyp.png
#16jakethenoobPosted 2/20/2013 5:56:39 PM
ordnance
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#17BlueRunway05Posted 2/20/2013 8:36:18 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
lderivedx posted...
How does a teammate shove you out of the way and steal your drop? Do you have the reaction time of a pickle?

This game has the most unpredictable collision physics for Spartans, I get really pissed off every time a team mate sends me flying off to the side when they sprint into me

Yes! Why can't they just get around me? Don't run into me! It's very annoying for me because I lag easily after I make contact with other players. I don't know why!
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#18esprailePosted 2/21/2013 6:02:00 AM
You should be able to pick it up before someone steals it, you pick it up instantly but theifs get a progress bar of about a second.

I think it is fine to steal someone's drops, in the same way that its fine for them to betray you for stealing their drop.
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
#19ST_ZeroPosted 2/21/2013 6:47:16 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
enterthemadrox posted...
Honestly, sometimes I've called ordnance then ran away from it to let someone on my team benefit more from it than I ever would.

I have too. I'm terrible with the Rocket Launcher, so I let someone else pick it up generally.

How can you be terrible with rockets? lol are you really that bad?
---
One of the best at halo that graced gamefaqs. I give halo lessons for MS points, msg me.
#20Asherlee10Posted 2/21/2013 7:00:00 AM
ST_Zero posted...
How can you be terrible with rockets? lol are you really that bad?

I'm terrible with the rockets because I never use that weapon. It's got so few rounds and I never find it to be worth picking up. I'd rather keep the weapons I do have (I use Firepower on occasion). It's a big, clunky weapon that I have no desire to use.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."