Anyone else think Halo would be better without auto-aim?

#31FullMetalMegaPosted 2/20/2013 11:54:39 PM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
Halo CEA has the ability to turn auto-aim off, I believe (I'll have to jump onto it tomorrow; I'm sick as hell right now and I just took a serequil, I'm having trouble simply reading things right now) and it is ****ing terrible.

I believe one of the skulls does this.
---
GT: Dark Guardian88
3DS FC: 1375-7986-1634
#32SlaveZero40Posted 2/21/2013 12:05:41 AM
In the Halo Reach MLG Playlist, was there Aim Assist?
I don't think there was and I loved it. That combined with the Zero BLOOM.

(Drools as if he just have seen a video featuring Tia Sweets, Lacy Devalle, and Havana Ginger)
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#33iliekdatPosted 2/21/2013 12:10:49 AM
i honestly want them to take auto aim off just so i can watch everyone whine when it happens
#34JFKandLBJPosted 2/21/2013 12:12:33 AM
SlaveZero40 posted...

(Drools as if he just have seen a video featuring Tia Sweets, Lacy Devalle, and Havana Ginger)

Sounds like the names of gourmet candy to me.
#35SlaveZero40Posted 2/21/2013 12:13:06 AM
iliekdat posted...
i honestly want them to take auto aim off just so i can watch everyone whine when it happens

I'll love that.
It'll make people whine more and move on to CoD cuz they're so frustrated.
---
Pray the day for another Jet Set Radio game, "Boondocks" season 4, and people to learn about good rappers EX: MFDOOM, Elzhi, Gangstarr, Substantial.
#36KageNoSenshiPosted 2/21/2013 3:24:01 AM
The best part about H:CEA was the skull that turned off AA. My friend didn't believe that I'd have a better time w/ that skull on. Even the comment on the skull says "you'll miss it when it's gone". But just from watching me he could see from his perspective that i had an easier time w/out AA. Then he says "you know, you're not supposed to use skulls to make the game easier for you" lol.

It's really not that hard to hit a teammate w/ a precision weapon in Halo. In fact, AA on the DMR in Reach didn't go on indefinitely and it was still possible to hit enemies beyond its AA range.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#37COG_KillaPosted 2/21/2013 4:03:38 AM
let's 1v1 DMR's on the same team.
---
I think with my dipstick, because engine lubrication is important.
#38EternalDahaka(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:42:09 AM
SlaveZero40 posted...
In the Halo Reach MLG Playlist, was there Aim Assist?
I don't think there was and I loved it.

I haven't spent too much time with Reach, but aim assist was definitely in all the modes I played. Not to the level of Halo 3/ODST or even this one, but it was noticeable. Probably the middle/lower range of AA in the series.

KageNoSenshi posted...
The best part about H:CEA was the skull that turned off AA. My friend didn't believe that I'd have a better time w/ that skull on. Even the comment on the skull says "you'll miss it when it's gone". But just from watching me he could see from his perspective that i had an easier time w/out AA. Then he says "you know, you're not supposed to use skulls to make the game easier for you" lol.

It's really not that hard to hit a teammate w/ a precision weapon in Halo. In fact, AA on the DMR in Reach didn't go on indefinitely and it was still possible to hit enemies beyond its AA range.

So it's a skull rather than a control setting. That's cool. Not sure why they didn't include that here if the same company made this. But I think many skulls actually make the game easier. Cowbell, Grunt Birthday, and Catch are some that do.

It's not all that difficult to target teammates without AA, especially if you come from games that don't use it. The DMR had some ungodly accuracy for any range. It felt like a weaker, semi-automatic sniper.
#39SlaveZero40Posted 2/21/2013 11:13:00 AM
JFKandLBJ posted...
SlaveZero40 posted...

Sounds like the names of gourmet candy to me.

Oh, IT IS!!! It is.......................

So sweet. (For the eyes)
---
#40SlaveZero40Posted 2/21/2013 11:18:27 AM
I want no Aim Assist, Aim-bot, Auto aim, or magnetism.
Then more extremist will realize how much more competitive this game would be without AA. Then the Black Ops II and MW3 boards will shut up and stop trying to find reasons to bash Halo.
---