So that Spartan Ops ending... (Spoilers)

#21hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 2/23/2013 8:21:54 AM
Shinobi_Daisuke posted...
Why is Halsey randomly missing her arm? I literally don't understand. It can't be from the bullet wound since, aside from that being insanely stupid, she got hit in the shoulder.

elite medical its just that bad
#22link4342Posted 2/23/2013 9:37:46 AM
I thought her arm was just tucked inside her jacket in a sling or something.
---
DO A BARREL ROLL!!
-creative username huh!-
#23Shinobi_Daisuke(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 5:19:40 AM
That's kind of a weird assumption to make.
---
Gamertag: ShinobiDaisukeX
#24youngblood98Posted 2/24/2013 6:54:12 AM
All of you are wrong, this was figured out on waypoint literally hours after the episode launched.

Elites dont have the medical knowledge that humans posess, because they are raised as warriors from birth. It wasnt their place in the covenant to go around giving aiid to eachother. Just because it's post war doesn't change that fact, old ways die hard.

Considering there werent any meds in the area, and the fact that they were in a rush, (Spartans chasing after them, planet about to blow up, etc). They did exactly what 1800s America did in the civie war, and still do today when the resources aren't available; chopped of her arm STARTING from the shoulder. How do you expect them to chop off her shoulder and somehow keep the rest of her arm intact?

On top of that im 100% certain elite warriors dont have degrees on human anatomy, so even if they had antibiotics lying around it prolly wouldn't have worked in a human.
#25Shinobi_Daisuke(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:48:48 AM
Because Dr. Halsey clearly doesn't know anything about medical practices and they clearly couldn't have just cauterized the wound and dug the slug out later.
---
#26youngblood98Posted 2/24/2013 6:29:26 PM
Because Dr. Halsey clearly doesn't know anything about medical practices and they clearly couldn't have just cauterized the wound and dug the slug out later.

Sorry for late reply, but if you weren't so blindly stupid, you would realise that she was passed out and couldn't have told her how to safely treat her arm.

And didn't I just write a whole novel explaining that they don't have even the most basic medical knowledge? God, people are so thick-headed.
#27thedeerzordPosted 2/24/2013 6:52:01 PM

Dr. Halsey performed surgery on a Spartan and put her back into active service when a mission was about to start.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#28Shinobi_Daisuke(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:09:30 PM
youngblood98 posted...

Sorry for late reply, but if you weren't so blindly stupid, you would realise that she was passed out and couldn't have told her how to safely treat her arm.

And didn't I just write a whole novel explaining that they don't have even the most basic medical knowledge? God, people are so thick-headed.

The very fact that you're overreacting and getting so personal about this discredits you. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up getting modded for that totally unwarranted personal insult.
---
#29Shinobi_Daisuke(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:15:40 PM(edited)
Also, her being allegedly unconscious is irrelevant because we don't know how long she was out for and, like I said, it would take seconds to simply cauterize the wound without the insanely massive risk of shock associated with lopping off limbs.

Also also, your "novel" of a whole five sentences isn't exactly compelling proof when its only source is just your preconceptions of things people you've never heard of wrote.

Your move, guy who acts like an elitist and then starts rabidly calling names for no reason.
#30AoENIACPosted 2/24/2013 7:52:04 PM
AoENIAC posted...
She betrayed him TWICE.

Of COURSE he's going to chop off her arm, fools. He only cares about her brain.

OF COURSE! What an amazingly reasonable reaction. She couldn't possibly ever be in a situation where she would need arms. Just last week, my friend and I made plans to do stuff together and he didn't call me, so I killed his whole family.

Considering Jul has very clearly explicated his desire to destroy all Humans and the Arbiter I actually think he's being quite reasonable with just an arm.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.