Solo Spartan Ops worth it?

#1todahouse21Posted 2/22/2013 6:04:41 AM(edited)
I couldn't find a thread on this so sorry if it's been answered before.

I'm a latecomer to the game. I recently started playing through the older spartan ops solo since there is no matchmaking. However, I don't find it enjoyable.

My question is: Are there any major story revelations revealed in the chapters or will I be up to date just watching the videos? If the videos suffice, I'll simply watch them until Ep. 10 where I can play with other people.
#2esprailePosted 2/22/2013 6:44:59 AM
If you are just after story then the videos will fill you in. Very little actually happens in the actual gameplay that is noteworthy storywise.
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
#3rincewind1990Posted 2/22/2013 6:50:38 AM
Now that the first season is finished they will most likely be rotating matchmaking to the older episodes so if you're willing to wait until Monday you may be able to play them in matchmaking.
#4dark_shardPosted 2/22/2013 6:52:32 AM
I agree, solo spartan ops is extremely frustrating. I went through the first chapter solo legendary for the achievement and those spawn points almost drove me insane.
---
http://amuletsandale.blogspot.com/ - Games and Beer
GT: darkshardx
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/22/2013 7:44:39 AM
Spartan Ops kind of sucked until episodes 6-10. Each chapter in those episodes is worth playing.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6Asherlee10Posted 2/22/2013 9:21:20 AM
I did a Solo Spartan Ops yesterday only because the lag was so bad that everyone else left. It took me 30 minutes to finish the first episode of the new chapter.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#7hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 2/22/2013 10:14:02 AM
1 run on legendary (each map)

1000s of runs on easy just for enemy kills (depends what your after)

for some achievements they are true achievements if you can pull em off solo

they re-run ep every week so after so long you will be able to play some of the more challenging missions with others
#8PenguinLustPosted 2/22/2013 10:19:23 AM
Solo is a bit boring, though it's not difficult on Normal (Heroic is challenging, Legendary is an exercise in frustration, lol). Going solo is good to learn the maps and the various objective locations, and for quickly racking up kills to complete challenges. Otherwise, it's waaaay more fun to play online with friends or in matchmaking.
---
Gamertag: Penguin Lust