Who would win, the Covenant or the Empire?

#31RAGEface14Posted 2/22/2013 11:17:56 PM
JFKandLBJ posted...
Lol, the Emperor's force lightning could destroy planets alone. He didn't even need a Deathstar, that was just a symbol of his power.

Empire>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything in Halo. Sorry, but Star Wars has had almost 40 years to perfect and polish their lore and universe. Nothin in Halo can rival that.
[\star wars fanboy]

Yeah, Star Wars lore is perfect. Because I completely understand how a little laser can destroy a whole planet, and I ABSOLUTELY understand how every explosion in the galaxy looks exactly the same.

What else you got?
---
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
GT: RAGEface14 (I DO NOT accept random requests)
#32Cereal4youPosted 2/22/2013 11:21:22 PM
Imagine a flood infecting a Jedi/Sith....omg Nerf flood.
#33JiGGLYWiGGLY666Posted 2/22/2013 11:26:00 PM
honestly, if storm troopers werent the worst shots in history the empire could win it.however the covenants ground troops definitely have them beat.but the empire would probably win the space fights.it would be tough, but as long as the convenant stayed on the offense and kept invading planets they would be the victors.
#34RAGEface14Posted 2/22/2013 11:30:05 PM
A better matchup is Protoss vs. Covenant. I think Covies would get roflstomped by the Protoss.
---
#35JFKandLBJPosted 2/22/2013 11:30:18 PM
RAGEface14 posted...
JFKandLBJ posted...
Lol, the Emperor's force lightning could destroy planets alone. He didn't even need a Deathstar, that was just a symbol of his power.

Empire>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything in Halo. Sorry, but Star Wars has had almost 40 years to perfect and polish their lore and universe. Nothin in Halo can rival that.
[\star wars fanboy]

Yeah, Star Wars lore is perfect. Because I completely understand how a little laser can destroy a whole planet, and I ABSOLUTELY understand how every explosion in the galaxy looks exactly the same.

What else you got?

You confuse cheap movie effects from the 70's with story. Lol, u dumb.
#36RAGEface14Posted 2/22/2013 11:33:57 PM
JFKandLBJ posted...
RAGEface14 posted...
JFKandLBJ posted...

[\star wars fanboy]

What else you got?

I'm too busy to delve into anything beyond the movies, brah. You mistake my lack of caring for a lack of intelligence. In other words, I know you are, but what am I?
---
#37imthestuntmanPosted 2/22/2013 11:42:20 PM
savagechild89 posted...
the covenant would massacre the empire no contest. the covenant is capable of destroying entire planets with their normal cruisers. the empires ONLY weapon capable of that is the death star and that screams massive target for covie fighters

the covies have not only air/space superiority but also ground superiority. the only thing that the empire could use to even the playing field would be to pull out some sith but they are so few in number it wouldnt matter.

Uh no. A single imperial capital ship can level a planet. Dont talk please.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Base_Delta_Zero

Essentially the same thing as glassing. You do realize an imperial super star destroyer was about 19 kilometers long right? Compare that to a covenant supercruiser (3500 meters) or a covenant reverence class cruiser (3 kilometers long) and how does it even compare?
#38JFKandLBJPosted 2/22/2013 11:42:26 PM
RAGEface14 posted...
JFKandLBJ posted...
RAGEface14 posted...
JFKandLBJ posted...

[\star wars fanboy]

What else you got?

Lol. Your points were made moot and now all the sudden "you don't care?" Nice backpedalling.

I'm too busy to delve into anything beyond the movies, brah. You mistake my lack of caring for a lack of intelligence. In other words, I know you are, but what am I?
#39imthestuntmanPosted 2/23/2013 12:04:29 AM(edited)
Topic that points out how pointless glassing is:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960512-/61463582

Oh and a single imperial star destroyer (they have over 10,000) can execute my aforeposted base delta zero in a matter of hours. So yeah. The covenant cant even execute their destroying planets effectively. The empire can. Game over.

The covenant might have an edge from an infantry standpoint (elites> than stormies) but even setting super weapons aside the empire's fleet would completely wipe out the covenants and then just base delta zero every planet the covies wouldnt give up.

Include thrawn into the equation and it is not even a contest.
#40imthestuntmanPosted 2/23/2013 12:09:35 AM
Also the point im sick of people tryimg to knock the empire fire inspired my new sig.
---
Stormtroopers can shoot straight, the Tantive IV is evidence of this. Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca all just have plot armor.