Who would win, the Covenant or the Empire?

#61imthestuntmanPosted 2/23/2013 9:23:48 AM
bigboyhowdy2 posted...
People who say Covenant are uneducated about Star Wars. Read up on lore, Empire ships are WAY faster. Weaponry in Star Wars is 10s if not 100s of times more powerful than anything in Halo..

Its not that I like Star Wars better, its just that the writers in star wars made everything bigger and better than the writers made things in Halo.

If it makes you feel better, Star Trek technology is wayyy more advanced than Star Wars.

This indicates otherwise:

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/FiveMinutes.html
---
Stormtroopers can shoot straight, the Tantive IV is evidence of this. Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca all just have plot armor.
#62nativenginePosted 2/23/2013 9:34:32 AM
thedeerzord posted...
With the empire not including the Death Star. The Covenant would win as they have glassing to there disposal and there active camouflage technology and the super units Scarabs and Hunters. Not to mention High Charity and the Dreadnought that can withstand anything.

Star Destoyers have cloaking devices.

Empire wins seeing as they not only have a massive fleet spread across the entire galaxy but they also have a Death Star.

Darth Vader>Tatarus(spelling) and the Arbiter

The Emperor>any prophet

Stormtrooper>any grunt

Crimson Guard/Royal Gaurd>any elite
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#63imthestuntmanPosted 2/23/2013 9:38:55 AM
nativengine posted...
thedeerzord posted...
With the empire not including the Death Star. The Covenant would win as they have glassing to there disposal and there active camouflage technology and the super units Scarabs and Hunters. Not to mention High Charity and the Dreadnought that can withstand anything.

Star Destoyers have cloaking devices.

Empire wins seeing as they not only have a massive fleet spread across the entire galaxy but they also have a Death Star.

Darth Vader>Tatarus(spelling) and the Arbiter

The Emperor>any prophet

Stormtrooper>any grunt

Crimson Guard/Royal Gaurd>any elite

Those cloaking devices are imconsistently portrayed and are by no means standard.
---
Stormtroopers can shoot straight, the Tantive IV is evidence of this. Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca all just have plot armor.
#64jwhudexnlsPosted 2/23/2013 10:57:22 AM
10 spartans vs 10 jedi knights, who wins? and I mean jedi knights, not masters.
#65imthestuntmanPosted 2/23/2013 11:57:05 AM
jwhudexnls posted...
10 spartans vs 10 jedi knights, who wins? and I mean jedi knights, not masters.

The jedi master vs jedi knight destinction is a strange line. Within star wars prior to be coming a jedi knight kyp durron had exceptional power in the force, meaning the title reflects more than sheer power.

For the purpose of this i will define it As a jedi of average ability, as rank is really more than power.

Unfortunately a jedi would win this fight easily. The degree of enhancement granted to even an average jedi through the force greatly surpasses the enhancements to spartans, allowing not just heightened speed, strength, and reflexes, but a degree of precognition in battle. And this is a skill learned very early on by jedi. Remember the younglings practicing with remotes in episode 2?

While the spartan does have substantial Strengths the force largely nullifies most of them, with the jedi able to yank weapons out of line preventing them from being aimed properly, or in the case of weaker weapons merely blocking them (non paser weapons canoically can still be blocked, but not deflected by a lightsaber)

Since a jedi would mot use the force to kill a spartan this is the part where i am forced to draw a comparison, and due to a gap in knowledge on my part i am forced to interpret a gameplay mechanic as cannon. This being that an energy sword is capable of piercing spartan mjolr armor and killing the spartan inside.

Functionally speaking a lightsaber and energy sword are more or less operating the same, both being a blade of plasma, though differing in shape. Based on the in game oberserved effectiveness of energy swords against mjolnir armor it is safe to say a lightsaber would be able to pierce it.
---
#66GeneralKenobi85Posted 2/23/2013 2:48:42 PM
Not sure honestly. I'd probably lean towards the Empire because of its leaders being not only more powerful, but far more intelligent than the leaders of the Covenant.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#67imthestuntmanPosted 2/23/2013 3:04:54 PM
GeneralKenobi85 posted...
Not sure honestly. I'd probably lean towards the Empire because of its leaders being not only more powerful, but far more intelligent than the leaders of the Covenant.

Why is the guy with a reference to the movie hot rod as his name more knowledgeable than the guy with a star wars one >.<
---
I do not count shadow dragon.
#68SenseOffenderPosted 2/23/2013 3:23:45 PM
They wouodnt fight eachoter because they are both bad and evil
#69GeneralKenobi85Posted 2/23/2013 3:28:12 PM

Why is the guy with a reference to the movie hot rod as his name more knowledgeable than the guy with a star wars one >.<

If you're referring to yourself, than how modest of you.

But I don't see how my statement is false. I didn't say with 100% certainty the Empire would win.

That said, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. I did read a lot of Wookieepedia years ago though. I'm familiar with most of the universe and EU, but obviously not as knowledgeable as someone who has actually read the materials.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#70imthestuntmanPosted 2/23/2013 3:32:10 PM

If you're referring to yourself, than how modest of you.

But I don't see how my statement is false. I didn't say with 100% certainty the Empire would win.

That said, I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. I did read a lot of Wookieepedia years ago though. I'm familiar with most of the universe and EU, but obviously not as knowledgeable as someone who has actually read the materials.

I was joking, i really dont know if i know more about it than you i just meant my responses were a lot longer than yours.
---
I do not count shadow dragon.