When are they going to fix disappearing weapons?

#1N3xtG3nGam3rPosted 2/24/2013 2:19:20 AM
I tend to have bad luck playing the game modes with ordinance drops. I might only die twice in a game, but both times will be right after calling in my ordinance.

So anyways, ill die after I get the sniper for example, spawn 2 seconds after dying (and a mere 10 ft away from where I died) walk back to my body, and my primary will be there, and the ordinance weapon will have disappeared.

None of the previous halo games had this issue, EVER. What's the deal? Do they have it this way purposely?
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 | 4GB DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 470 1.2GB GDDr5
#2SpikeTbearPosted 2/24/2013 2:22:48 AM
I really wish they would let the weapons stay on the field for as long as they did in past games. That would be awesome.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#3RAGEface14Posted 2/24/2013 2:23:32 AM
They won't fix it because halo 5
---
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
GT: RAGEface14 (I DO NOT accept random requests)
#4N3xtG3nGam3r(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 4:51:32 AM
It seems random as to when they do, there have been times when I've came back nearly a minute later and it still been there, but other times like I said before, just seconds after dying and it's been gone.

There's only 16 players in big team battle, so you can't tell me if all 16 people called in an ordinance at once and all died at the same time, that the 360 couldn't handle 16 random weapons laying on the ground.

Why not make your primary dissApear? You re spawn with it, so you don't need to pick it up again, and if it has something to do with too many weapons on the map at once, that would make more sense than to take away one you just worked to obtain, and then worked to get back to and pick up again.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 | 4GB DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 470 1.2GB GDDr5
#5N3xtG3nGam3r(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 4:55:50 AM
I don't frequent this board (for obvious reasons), but couldn't find any related topics-- is this a known issue? Or are people ok with this?
---
#6ArkJJPosted 2/24/2013 4:59:35 AM
Isn't the way it works is that only the weapon you have in your hands when you die drops?
---
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
#7iRGushPosted 2/24/2013 6:29:37 AM
Weapons despawn in 8~13 seconds and extend if someones looking at the weapon in the floor or shooting at it.

Kevin franklin said its so theres not too many weapons floating around in infinity slayer.

It was at that moment that i found out i hate kevin franklin
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#8MrFish86Posted 2/24/2013 8:55:58 AM
there's an invisible radius surrounding dropped weapons. If you, or anyone at all (ally or enemy) are standing in that radius, the weapon will never disappear. You do not have to look at the weapon or do anything special to it, just stand next to it. Say if you have a friend that's AFK in a safe location on dominion, you could actually continually drop a stock pile of weapons by his feet, and they'll be there so long as the AFK guy doesn't move. Once someone leaves the radius of weapon, a despawn timer of roughly 13 seconds will start, and after 13 seconds, the weapon will disappear.

Some weapons seem to despawn quicker than normal because although you're standing next to it, and it's staying put on the ground, by the time you got there, the timer may have already started. So once you leave that immediate radius, it will despawn instantly.

To test this out, drop a weapon on the ground, run outside of what you think the radius is, and run back to it. The timer for the despawner has started, but you are not holding the weapon in the game by standing directly on top of it. Now, have someone else that's far away, snipe you. Once you're dead, the weapon will be gone because the timer is up, and no one is near the weapon to keep it in the game.

that being SAID..... yea weapons despawn very quickly in this game. 343i said the system is like this because with all ordinance drops in this game, there are an over abundance of power weapons, and if they didn't despawn the weapons fast enough, every mode would essentially turn into dominion with a butt load of power weapons in everyone's hands.
#9Blue_ChevalierPosted 2/24/2013 11:52:11 AM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
I tend to have bad luck playing the game modes with ordinance drops. I might only die twice in a game, but both times will be right after calling in my ordinance.

So anyways, ill die after I get the sniper for example, spawn 2 seconds after dying (and a mere 10 ft away from where I died) walk back to my body, and my primary will be there, and the ordinance weapon will have disappeared.

Did you just prove yourself to be sniper camper?
---
GT: Blue Pellasiwe.
Yeah, I'm that bad at this.
#10fLiNoPosted 2/24/2013 10:18:58 PM
Blue_Chevalier posted...
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...

Did you just prove yourself to be sniper camper?

I know sniping campers can be annoying, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a sniper camper.

If it's in the game it's meant to be used, regardless whether or not it's your play style. Hating on campers is almost saying something like 'you're only allowed to shoot at me when i can see you, or else you're a noob'.
---
XBL Gamertag: Dopsicle