Halsey will bribe master chief...(spoilers)

#21Doktor_WilhelmPosted 2/26/2013 12:15:37 PM
If you read on the halo wiki, it talks about the day Halsey was rescued by noble team, she split cortina into several fragments, and gave noble 6 one, (which went to pillar of autumn) but left the others behind at the ONI sword base. It's not specefic as to wether Halsey destroyed the other fragments, left them with a fail-safe, or what.

I can't remember anything about any part of Cortana being left behind?
---
"so i'm guessing it's doctor wilhelm vs everyone else then?" - Travisclees
#22N3xtG3nGam3r(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 5:16:30 PM
And...to further elaborate, you guys are probably right about Halsey playing Jul'...in that scenario chief would still look at what UNSC did to her and completely disagree with their methods.

Maybe Halsey will manipulate John and his soft spot for cortana and try to prove herself useful to him, in regards to cortana. If anyone could design another--or like stated before--(know location of Cortana's fragments)--it WILL be Halsey.

I just see chief valuing the doctors skills and knowledge (aside from the mommy figure) too much to carry out an order of execution.

Regardless of what she had done, and how crappy of a track record she has, ONI covered up all the dirt anytime she had to do something to benefit mankind. Even if it was against the UNSCt law. Doesn't it seem odd that a new person takes control of the ONI program, and gives the order to "off" the best doctor/
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 | 4GB DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 470 1.2GB GDDr5
#23N3xtG3nGam3r(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 12:07:01 AM
The thing I'm talking about with Cortana's fragments is in Catherine Halsey's bio. Part way down. In the part talking about noble team rescuing her from sword base and delivering the "package".

Ill see if I can find it exactly ill copy and paste directly from it.
---
ASUS p8h61-M (Rev 3.0) | Intel CORE i3 | 4GB DDr3 | 500GB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia EVGA GTX 470 1.2GB GDDr5
#24N3xtG3nGam3r(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 12:28:41 AM
Here:

"On August 3, Halsey split Cortana into two, assigning her "copy" to work on the decryption of the Forerunner data in the underground facility below Sword Base, while her other half would prepare for the Spartans' mission; Operation: RED FLAG."

So there is still a fragment underneath sword base that was left there to analyze an artifact, while the other fragment is the cortana that we all played through 4 halo games with.

I looked for other info about maybe sword base being destroyed, or cortana being destroyed, something like that, and I can't find anything confirming the fragment isn't there.

Anyone know any further info about this??
---
#25xninjagrrlPosted 2/27/2013 3:34:12 AM
Are we sure we are supposed to buy this whole Halsey wants revenge on the UNSC thing? I mean, sure they put a hit out on her but what did she expect, really. Has she always been so petty and narcissistic. I could see chief helping her though, if she uses the promise of bringing cortana back.

I still think halsey uses the composer on herself to make cortana into a real person.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#26N3xtG3nGam3r(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 4:52:10 AM
Bump
---
#27turtlej-manPosted 2/27/2013 7:16:59 AM
SrgtStalker posted...
turtlej-man posted...
I agree almost completely TC. My theory has been that Chief will turn against the UNSC at some point.

The point they made with this game, is that John knows/ feels he is human and not some robot that will follow ANY order. He's already acted against Lord Hood...I know he's gonna take it further.

When was this?

LOL! Oops, I meant Del Rio... Lord Hood was a cool guy.
---
If a Killer Instinct 3 is never made....AT LEAST PUT THE FIRST 2 ON XBLA!!!!!
#28N3xtG3nGam3r(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 2:54:44 AM
Bump.

Nobody has anything to add? Or any comment about Cortana's fragment in Halsey's lab??
---
#29N3xtG3nGam3r(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 2:19:06 AM
Final bump.
---
#30SpikeTbearPosted 3/1/2013 7:01:49 PM
I think Cortana returning could be the climax that Halos 5 and 6 will lead up to. Halsey could tell Chief that an AI's memories and personality traits are stored in a Spartan's suit in case something went wrong. They would use it as a sort of record. But Halsey could use it to restore the memories and personality of everyone's favorite blue bombshell to a default Cortana unit, essentially a perfect clone.

Chief will see a glimpse of Cortana at the end of Halo 5. But then she is kidnapped by the Didact or whoever the new baddie is, and spend Halo 6 trying to get her back. In the end, the Super Saiyan Chief will use his newfangled Promethean powers to destroy the remaining Halos, Covenant, Prometheans, and Flood, and pry Cortana from the Didact's cold, dead Hands.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus