They should go back to how Halo 2-3 handled DLC

#1Blood_ReddPosted 2/25/2013 7:39:26 AM
I hate how there are all these new map packs that can only be played on their specific playlist and the rare game outside of those where everyone has them. I like the way it was handled in 2 and 3 where it was a requirment on all playlist except like social. Also make a seperate social playlist for guests. Guests ruin everything.
---
"i herd in thoes places they kill u adn then they eat u ALIVE"
Xbox LIVE Gamertag - BL00DREDD
#2ODommPosted 2/25/2013 7:41:14 AM
It shouldn't be required to pay additional fees to continue playing a game that you already paid full price for. Anyone who thinks this should be shot.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~SWINGIN' PAST YA KNEEEEZ~~
#3SunDevil77Posted 2/25/2013 7:44:07 AM
No. If you have the map packs, I've found the maps to be pretty darn common in other playlists.

People shouldn't have to buy maps to play online. I do, but not everyone is like me.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#4Blood_Redd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 7:48:48 AM
Thats where social playlists come in. anyobe cann join those.
---
#5Asherlee10Posted 2/25/2013 7:50:03 AM
I believe we are still coming out on top. In the 90s there were not many games that had updates or expansions (besides PC) and LOOK at those prices.

http://i.imgur.com/droor32.jpg
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#6darkharePosted 2/25/2013 7:51:30 AM
Blood_Redd posted...
I hate how there are all these new map packs that can only be played on their specific playlist and the rare game outside of those where everyone has them. I like the way it was handled in 2 and 3 where it was a requirment on all playlist except like social. Also make a seperate social playlist for guests. Guests ruin everything.

yeah i tend to agree, forcing those who bought the map packs to not play them isnt the right way to go. instead they should force those who didnt buy the map packs to drop out of that specific game when the majority has and votes to play them, that is after all the point of a voting system isnt it?
---
i must leave now, to state the blatently obvious in other topics.
#7Blood_Redd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 7:56:10 AM
darkhare posted...
Blood_Redd posted...

yeah i tend to agree, forcing those who bought the map packs to not play them isnt the right way to go. instead they should force those who didnt buy the map packs to drop out of that specific game when the majority has and votes to play them, that is after all the point of a voting system isnt it?

Not necessarily kick out players without the maps. That'll lead to uneven teams. Just have whoever doesn't have the maps be unable to joun that playlist.
---
#8darkharePosted 2/25/2013 7:59:00 AM
Blood_Redd posted...
darkhare posted...
Blood_Redd posted...

Not necessarily kick out players without the maps. That'll lead to uneven teams. Just have whoever doesn't have the maps be unable to joun that playlist.

i disagree cause we then seperate the community, and force those that bought the map packs into a single play list to play the maps. it should be the other way around, when did the ppl who chose to play a multiplayer dominant game but dont want to buy the map packs to continue the multiplayer experience get the high ground on this matter?

---
i must leave now, to state the blatently obvious in other topics.
#9GamingFoolDanPosted 2/25/2013 8:29:30 AM
Blood_Redd posted...
Thats where social playlists come in. anyobe cann join those.

Agreed they need to bring social playlists back. Although at the same time since there is no trueskill ranking atm theres no reason for it
#10turtlej-manPosted 2/25/2013 10:46:54 AM
I do think there should be a separate playlist for those that don't buy the maps.

Now, I can perfectly understand why some would think that's unfair, for some games you shouldn't HAVE to keep spending money to enjoy your game. But those that are unwilling to buy the extra maps usually don't play very often either. So putting in a separate playlist for them to still have fun in its acceptable.

As for everyone else who DID buy the maps.. they should have every right to keep playing on them. They spent extra money on content for the game, and further supported the developers... why shouldn't they get rewarded for that?

That's my logic anyway...
---
If a Killer Instinct 3 is never made....AT LEAST PUT THE FIRST 2 ON XBLA!!!!!