They should go back to how Halo 2-3 handled DLC

#21darren19822000Posted 2/25/2013 3:03:53 PM
im well aware the willingness to spend or not comes into play. i just think its stupid that people use being cheap as an excuse. how much do you pay more your cell phone? how many days a week do you eat out? do you get your car washed?

look if you want to be cheap go for it. i mean unwilling to spend some extra money. maybe im just someone who enjoys helping the economy a bit more than you. maybe i have more money to spend than you? maybe i dont mind paying for dlc that isnt already on disk.

how many of you would pay money for new sp ops missions if they tell you season 2 isnt free? are you going to cry about how it should be free because the first ones are, or how you "already paid my 60$". i paid my 60$ too and i paid 25$ more for these maps. id like to be able to play these maps often since "i already paid my 25$". i dont know about you...but im sick of playing

haven, adrift, abandon in TS
rag and exile for BTS
hell haven for any gametype. i prefer more variety. its why i enjoyed the forge maps. its not the same 3 maps over and over. for all the crying about how reach looked too grey from forge maps...i see the same 3 maps over and over in this game.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#22darkharePosted 2/25/2013 3:08:09 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
I'm not sorry i don't take video games as seriously as you do. You should learn to lighten up, bro.

go with your strong points, Kage..

KageNoSenshi posted...
But sarcasm

^ their you go, lead with your best foot forward.
---
big fish < little fish
#23zeroboboPosted 2/25/2013 3:30:42 PM
darkhare posted...
zerobobo posted...
thats the dumbest thing ive heard in awhile.
you want to have to continue to pay for new maps to play the game you paid for online? wtf?

i paid 60 bucks for halo 4, i expect to be able to play halo 4.

no ones stopping you from playing the game, but neither should you be able to stop people from playing the maps they bought by not having them and playing the game.

you have your DLC playlist.
shut up about it already.

i was stopped from playing 90% of playlists in halo 3 cus i didnt have the map packs. because paying for MAPS is ridiculous and i wont support that.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#24SunDevil77Posted 2/25/2013 3:34:44 PM
zerobobo posted...
darkhare posted...
zerobobo posted...
you want to have to continue to pay for new maps to play the game you paid for online? wtf?

no ones stopping you from playing the game, but neither should you be able to stop people from playing the maps they bought by not having them and playing the game.

i was stopped from playing 90% of playlists in halo 3 cus i didnt have the map packs. because paying for MAPS is ridiculous and i wont support that.

Then we don't support opinionated jerks playing OUR games.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#25fiasco86Posted 2/25/2013 3:37:02 PM
If they would just prioritize matchmaking to match you with other gamers who have the maps, all problems would be solved. Everyone could play all playlists, but you would be much more likely to be matched with others who have the same DLC content. This is how COD4 (not sure about later COD titles) did it, and it worked beautifully.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#26zeroboboPosted 2/25/2013 3:37:58 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
zerobobo posted...
darkhare posted...
zerobobo posted...

your game? wheres your name in the credits?
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#27warior55Posted 2/25/2013 3:42:22 PM
ODomm posted...
It shouldn't be required to pay additional fees to continue playing a game that you already paid full price for. Anyone who thinks this should be shot.

Are you Hitler?

Its not your right to play however you want just because you paid for the base game.
---
Halo 4
#28darkharePosted 2/25/2013 3:43:01 PM
zerobobo posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
zerobobo posted...
darkhare posted...
zerobobo posted...

your game? wheres your name in the credits?

again, you not buying the map packs but playing the multiplayer forces those that have bought the map packs to not play the maps they bought. why should we be forced into one list when were the ones helping in supporting the continuation of the game, when did it become acceptable to give those that arent supporting the multiplayer full reign over those that are?

---
big fish < little fish
#29lderivedxPosted 2/25/2013 3:46:49 PM
Because if you are purchasing something in a game for privilige over those who did not make an optional purchase, you need to re-think your priorities.
#30fiasco86Posted 2/25/2013 3:47:31 PM(edited)
Scroll up a few posts and you'll notice I've posted the solution
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY