They should go back to how Halo 2-3 handled DLC

#31SunDevil77Posted 2/25/2013 3:56:31 PM
lderivedx posted...
Because if you are purchasing something in a game for privilige over those who did not make an optional purchase, you need to re-think your priorities.

You guys are too easy.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#32zetsuhimozePosted 2/25/2013 4:20:56 PM
I bought the map packs, but i do agree with not making a separate playlist. It was our choice to buy the map pack whether we would be able to play them or not. And i actually play the map pack maps quite often. Those who choose not to aren't necessarily being cheap either. Just cause something is affordable doesn't mean you should buy it. Should we expect to be able to play what we played for? Yes.
Do we always get to? No. Its not exactly fair i agree, but not much in life is
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#33Mr_arizonaPosted 2/25/2013 4:35:01 PM(edited)
Paid $60 for game - gets locked out of 90% of playlists cause didn't spend $10-$20 later?

When ODST came out I was pissed. Cause I didn't buy ODST I was locked out of everything even after i bought Mythic pack 1.

I understand you paid for a map pack and want to fully enjoy it in matchmaking but forcing people out is not the answer. There should be a option after picking a playlists to prefer people with DLC. The game will focus on those who have the map packs as well.

EDIT:fiasco86 posted...
If they would just prioritize matchmaking to match you with other gamers who have the maps, all problems would be solved. Everyone could play all playlists, but you would be much more likely to be matched with others who have the same DLC content. This is how COD4 (not sure about later COD titles) did it, and it worked beautifully.

Did not see your post when I posted this. We have the same idea to solve it. LOL
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
#34iRGushPosted 2/25/2013 4:38:54 PM
It'd be cool if they mixed the ways of halo 2 giving out DLC for free after 8-12 months after release while also DLC locking certain playlists for those who bought them when they came out.

Halo 3 and reach maps are still full price and will probably sell maybe 1~2 every month to some stupid kid, they might as well be free.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#35Koelker12Posted 2/25/2013 4:41:15 PM
The Crimson DLC maps pop up all the time for me
---
http://roguereview.blogspot.com/
#36KageNoSenshiPosted 2/25/2013 4:48:24 PM
darkhare posted...
KageNoSenshi posted...
I'm not sorry i don't take video games as seriously as you do. You should learn to lighten up, bro.

go with your strong points, Kage..

KageNoSenshi posted...
But sarcasm

^ their you go, lead with your best foot forward.

THEIR

BTW, LMAO @ the idea that what i pay for my cell phone bill obligates me to buy DLC i neither need nor want. ROFLMAO @ helping the economy by buying worthless DLC. GTFO w/ your cluelessness.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#37fiasco86Posted 2/25/2013 4:53:24 PM
iRGush posted...
It'd be cool if they mixed the ways of halo 2 giving out DLC for free after 8-12 months after release while also DLC locking certain playlists for those who bought them when they came out.

Halo 3 and reach maps are still full price and will probably sell maybe 1~2 every month to some stupid kid, they might as well be free.

Yes. And this or something similar needs to happen with all DLC and GonD on Xbox Marketplace. A lot of the problem stems from Xbox's handling of DLC pricing.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#38darkharePosted 2/25/2013 5:01:50 PM
iRGush posted...

thats not a compremise, if anything thats de-valueing the maps that people bought. if i knew they were going to just give the maps away i wouldnt buy them and neither would anyone else.
---
big fish < little fish
#39darren19822000Posted 2/25/2013 5:15:31 PM
iRGush posted...

this...thats what makes it fine with me to make you buy them. if you wait they would be free...sadly nobody will do that ever again
---
gt darren reefnugs
#40darren19822000Posted 2/25/2013 5:21:29 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...

THEIR

BTW, LMAO @ the idea that what i pay for my cell phone bill obligates me to buy DLC i neither need nor want. ROFLMAO @ helping the economy by buying worthless DLC. GTFO w/ your cluelessness.

i used the cell phone as a reference. you could have a normal phone but you spend the extra coin to have a phone anywhere anytime.

every little bit of money that is spent helps the economy. im sorry if you have a problem with spending money.

it doesnt matter either way..you proved your maturity with all the ROFLs..i didnt realize i was speaking with a child
---
gt darren reefnugs