They should go back to how Halo 2-3 handled DLC

#61darren19822000Posted 2/27/2013 1:43:41 PM
fiasco86 posted...
darren19822000 posted...
when was the last major game to give out free maps?

Mass Effect 3 - 2012, along with loads of other free multiplayer content. In fact, a new multiplayer expansion was released just today.

they are only doing that to keep fans from leaving...that whole ending fiasco and all. not a good example
---
gt darren reefnugs
#62SunDevil77Posted 2/27/2013 1:51:09 PM
SpikeTbear posted...
I just wish 343 would release other DLC besides just maps. I want new vehicles and weapons.

...welcome to Halo?
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#63fiasco86Posted 2/27/2013 1:52:00 PM
darren19822000 posted...
fiasco86 posted...
darren19822000 posted...

Mass Effect 3 - 2012, along with loads of other free multiplayer content. In fact, a new multiplayer expansion was released just today.

they are only doing that to keep fans from leaving...that whole ending fiasco and all. not a good example

How is that not a good example of a big game to give out free maps? That's exactly what it is.

The ending wasn't as bad as the loud minority has purported it to be, and many of the problems it had were fixed with the extended cut. Continuing to give out free multiplayer content has little to nothing to do with the game's ending.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#64LordPonchoPosted 2/27/2013 10:37:59 PM
fiasco86 posted...
darren19822000 posted...
fiasco86 posted...
darren19822000 posted...

How is that not a good example of a big game to give out free maps? That's exactly what it is.

The ending wasn't as bad as the loud minority has purported it to be, and many of the problems it had were fixed with the extended cut. Continuing to give out free multiplayer content has little to nothing to do with the game's ending.

Because console fanboys will do anything to defend the bad practices they support.

Even if that means illogically saying that because a game had a bad single.player ending, people won't play the multiplayer. Make sense of that one, will ya?
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#65ssj3bladePosted 2/27/2013 10:42:38 PM
From: KageNoSenshi | Posted: 2/25/2013 10:01:10 PM | #020
I'm not sorry i don't take video games as seriously as you do. You should learn to lighten up, bro.

Your opinion is invalid as the Majestic maps are 10/10 and if you don't have them you deserve to be confined to one playlist.

I'd also make it always BTB for an even more unpleasant experience.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#66ssj3bladePosted 2/27/2013 10:45:34 PM
Because if you are purchasing something in a game for privilige over those who did not make an optional purchase, you need to re-think your priorities.

That's how every aspect of life works LOL

- Yes I would like to upgrade to first class please

- That's 100 extra but you still have to sit in the Economy Class.

WUT
---
#67ssj3bladePosted 2/27/2013 10:50:45 PM

LOL at using ME3 as an example. That only happened because of the enormous backlash EA / BW experienced when the original ending came out, hence them retconning that too. If they hadn't released all the MP stuff free they probably would have lost a huge chunk of their fanbase.
---
#68SpikeTbearPosted 2/27/2013 10:52:30 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
SpikeTbear posted...
I just wish 343 would release other DLC besides just maps. I want new vehicles and weapons.

...welcome to Halo?

A lot was taken out from 3 and even more from Reach. Many people want Falcons and Revenants back, and I would love to see land mines, fire grenades, flamethrower, and missile pod return. 343 could release a free DLC for everyone for even more funtimes. Bungie gave out some free maps before, so who knows, in the same spirit, 343 could throw us a bone.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#69KageNoSenshiPosted 2/27/2013 10:58:31 PM
ssj3blade posted...
From: KageNoSenshi | Posted: 2/25/2013 10:01:10 PM | #020
I'm not sorry i don't take video games as seriously as you do. You should learn to lighten up, bro.

Your opinion is invalid as the Majestic maps are 10/10 and if you don't have them you deserve to be confined to one playlist.

I'd also make it always BTB for an even more unpleasant experience.

I guess i can see why you'd have to try so hard to justify purchasing terrible maps at an overcharged price. I mean what better reason than to earn the privilege to keep playing in old playlists.

I can see why publishers love and cater to you guys.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#70fiasco86Posted 2/28/2013 8:53:24 AM(edited)
ssj3blade posted...

LOL at using ME3 as an example. That only happened because of the enormous backlash EA / BW experienced when the original ending came out, hence them retconning that too. If they hadn't released all the MP stuff free they probably would have lost a huge chunk of their fanbase.

Like LordPoncho said, I still don't see how a so-called "bad" single-player ending has anything to do with people playing the multiplayer.
http://www.hark.com/clips/dqcwzrbfpl-thirsty
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY