They need to get rid of the Covenant for Halo 5 *spoilers maybe*

#11AoENIACPosted 2/26/2013 4:47:02 PM
Five or Six should definitely be about the Human/Forerunner war.

You'd have the main character be some ancient Human who is referred to as their rank just like the Master Chief and is taciturn and deliberate in manner just like the Master Chief and then when you inevitably lose the war (because the Humans DID lose that war), the Librarian turns your player character into a geas and then we see in a cutscene that the geas for your player character in this game ended up in... MASTER CHIEF!

People who didn't read the books wouldn't have any idea what the hell is going on, so they'd have the Librarian explain what a geas is while she's turning you into one.

I'd also be excited to see what the Prophets were like before they became ugly old inbred jackasses. Seeing as how they were the ALLIES of the Humans during the Human/Forerunner war.

It would also be a great way to show most of the Forerunners and explain their motivations better. I'd be hoping for appearances of Master Builder Faber in some cutscene about the Forerunner council, showcasing his conflict with the Didact.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#12SrgtStalkerPosted 2/26/2013 7:57:03 PM
AoENIAC posted...
Five or Six should definitely be about the Human/Forerunner war.

You'd have the main character be some ancient Human who is referred to as their rank just like the Master Chief and is taciturn and deliberate in manner just like the Master Chief and then when you inevitably lose the war (because the Humans DID lose that war), the Librarian turns your player character into a geas and then we see in a cutscene that the geas for your player character in this game ended up in... MASTER CHIEF!

People who didn't read the books wouldn't have any idea what the hell is going on, so they'd have the Librarian explain what a geas is while she's turning you into one.

I'd also be excited to see what the Prophets were like before they became ugly old inbred jackasses. Seeing as how they were the ALLIES of the Humans during the Human/Forerunner war.

It would also be a great way to show most of the Forerunners and explain their motivations better. I'd be hoping for appearances of Master Builder Faber in some cutscene about the Forerunner council, showcasing his conflict with the Didact.

Love these ideas. I mentioned this in a topic and someone said they would like it to play like Halo 2 campaign, where instead you would play as an ancient human and a forerunner. Humans would be fighting a war on two fronts, against the flood and forerunners. Your forerunner character could be trying to find out if there's more motivation in the humans than just expanding, resulting in finding the flood.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#13SunDevil77Posted 2/26/2013 8:08:06 PM
Get rid of some of the most iconic modern villains in gaming?
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#14ProdozulPosted 2/26/2013 8:14:56 PM
Or how about instead of getting rid of the Covenant they just turn down all the dramatics and make it more light hearted rather than "woe is us".
#15xninjagrrlPosted 2/27/2013 4:07:36 AM
Im hoping for some S-II versus the new Spartans, I know you all want to take out Sarah Palmer.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#16Blue_ChevalierPosted 2/27/2013 11:36:26 AM
Pick the worst idea in this topic. That will be what 343 goes with.
---
GT: Blue Pellasiwe.
Yeah, I'm that bad at this.