ITT: Things you did to make yourself a better player

#11darkharePosted 2/27/2013 2:49:09 PM
best advice i can give is to spend a good amount of time just walking the maps and finding all the little nooks and crannies, by playing the maps in multi you'll see the maps flow (the places people go most often) then knowing where all the little nooks and crannies are by walking the maps earlier you can go against the maps flow and easily take alot of people out without them even knowing you were there.

also dont just use one build, use a variety of different builds that suit your gameplay style on both open and close quatrers maps and gametypes, i got absolutely owned for quite awhile before i started using armor abilities affectivley. and dont believe it when ppl say one is better than the rest, all of them are good in the right situations.
---
big fish < little fish
#12XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 2:49:09 PM
Playing FFA seems to help in every FPS for learning mechanics and improving your skills as an individual.

Not to mention most encounters will be 1v1 so you can't be overwhelmed by a good team.

Do you guys think there's a way to improve your aim other then just playing (not talking about buying external hardware)? I'm pretty sure those target practice maps don't help except for improving your muscle memory a little bit, so basically I think you just have to keep playing. Anyone know anything? I suck at sniping and can't really use it under pressure unlike most weapons.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
XxXx<3OXOX<3D4rKsH4d0w0hB1iVe3uNw4rRioRb34St4Ss4Ss1nOXOX<3xXxX7489567340385
#13Killean_NuggetsPosted 2/27/2013 2:49:16 PM
BANDlCOOT posted...
Watched Blite's gameplay then did the opposite.

</3
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#14lderivedxPosted 2/27/2013 2:55:44 PM
Do you guys think there's a way to improve your aim other then just playing

Consciously focusing on improving your aim.
---
what was the point of that burger king video? You didnt need video proof to show that you are lonely, I would have taken your word on it. - brady
#15darkharePosted 2/27/2013 3:01:17 PM
XxOblivion77 posted...
Do you guys think there's a way to improve your aim other then just playing (not talking about buying external hardware)? I'm pretty sure those target practice maps don't help except for improving your muscle memory a little bit, so basically I think you just have to keep playing. Anyone know anything? I suck at sniping and can't really use it under pressure unlike most weapons.

2 words, Promethean Vision. it works well in both close quarters and long distance.
---
big fish < little fish
#16bd0g5Posted 2/27/2013 3:04:58 PM
darkhare posted...
XxOblivion77 posted...

2 words, Promethean Vision. it works well in both close quarters and long distance.

never listen to this guy
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#17darkharePosted 2/27/2013 3:12:37 PM
bd0g5 posted...
darkhare posted...
XxOblivion77 posted...

never listen to this guy

nothing to add yourself, but felt the need to post in attempt to tear someone elses post down? your right Oblivion, listen to the guy that didnt add anything constructive to the conversation.
---
big fish < little fish
#18Killean_NuggetsPosted 2/27/2013 3:22:27 PM
darkhare posted...
bd0g5 posted...
darkhare posted...
XxOblivion77 posted...

never listen to this guy

nothing to add yourself, but felt the need to post in attempt to tear someone elses post down? your right Oblivion, listen to the guy that didnt add anything constructive to the conversation.

Don't listen to this baddie either
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#19bd0g5Posted 2/27/2013 3:23:28 PM
darkhare posted...
bd0g5 posted...
darkhare posted...
XxOblivion77 posted...

never listen to this guy

You see nothing wrong in telling him to use promethean vision? He probably wants to have good awareness one day.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#20XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 3:23:50 PM
bd0g5 posted...
darkhare posted...
XxOblivion77 posted...

never listen to this guy

While I don't really like the idea of Promethean Vision being in the game as a loadout option (but it would be a sweet power weapon), It is really good for your aim or at least being able to hit shots as you can have your reticle lined up before you have a line of sight on an enemy.

Still pretty OP though.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
XxXx<3OXOX<3D4rKsH4d0w0hB1iVe3uNw4rRioRb34St4Ss4Ss1nOXOX<3xXxX7489567340385