The downfall of halo

#1Silentdra60nPosted 2/28/2013 1:42:31 AM
Have you guys seen this video? He nailed it in my book.

http://youtu.be/S14GJjmwlXA
#2The_Pope_MobilePosted 2/28/2013 4:31:02 AM
Lol sounds like a tryhard crybaby to me. If you need a number (rank) to make you enjoy the game you're pretty pathetic. Just play the game. and last i checked halo 3 servers are still up he want's halo 3 go play it and shut up no one cares about some butthurt baby's opinion.
---
http://vimeo.com/10270367 Epic new covenant vehicle
#3enterthemadroxPosted 2/28/2013 5:01:04 AM
The_Pope_Mobile posted...
Lol sounds like a tryhard crybaby to me. If you need a number (rank) to make you enjoy the game you're pretty pathetic. Just play the game. and last i checked halo 3 servers are still up he want's halo 3 go play it and shut up no one cares about some butthurt baby's opinion.

This batch of truth for the win.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#4VauntXPosted 2/28/2013 5:13:19 AM
In my opinion, there is nothing memorable about these maps...

This, this, a thousand times this! It's pretty obvious why though, when you think about it: with the introduction of personal ordnance and the removal of weapons spawning on the map, every single multiplayer map turns into a mush of near identical DMR/Boltshot warfare, with the occasional (randomly awarded) power weapon sprinkled in. Take The Pit for example: its a memorable map to players of Halo 3 not because of its architecture, but because of its locations: places like rocket tunnel, snipe tower and sword base. In Halo 2 and Halo 3, you learned the maps; their nuances and quirks and flow, dictated primarily by the interplay of reliably spawned powerups and weapons on the map. In Halo 4, there is nothing to learn; every map plays out the exact same way, so it's no wonder that people became bored and jumped ship.
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/28/2013 6:17:51 AM
VauntX posted...

This, this, a thousand times this!

Thing is, when Halo 3 came out, I didn't hear anyone raving about the maps.
Maps grow on you eventually. I can definitely see people looking back fondly upon the majestic map pack in a few years.

Halo isn't going anywhere. It's just as good as it's ever been.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6darealest47Posted 2/28/2013 6:33:46 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
VauntX posted...

Maps grow on you eventually. I can definitely see people looking back fondly upon the majestic map pack in a few years.

Wrong a lot of people were raving about the maps, where have you been. Over millions of people were enjoying memorable maps like the pit, sandtrap, guardion, snowbound, etc. I'm not even a big fan of halo 3 and yet I know how respected that game was. And don't even get me started on the pinnacle of online games aka halo 2 which practically invented xbox live. And then the masterful halo CE which is truly the granddaddy (if you played on LAN and especially on pc) of them all. Halo won't be going away but not for the better.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#7BigRobb2389Posted 2/28/2013 6:51:19 AM
I don't know man.

The DMR is the best primary weapon, but i wouldn't call the other ones useless or obsolete. and I definitely wouldn't call the BR the second best.

and he kind of just whines about competitive rankings, even though they are implementing them, they aren't really important. Sounds like he is a bit caught up in nostalgia as well with the whole getting level 50 on halo 3.

i won't say that he doesn't have some points, but the popularity of a game doesn't have anything to do with quality.

The game has only improved since its release, lets just wait and see what happens in the next few months.

i think the game is fantastic. and after being away from it since christmas or so, i am enjoying it more than ever now.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#8SunDevil77Posted 2/28/2013 7:02:37 AM
darealest47 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
VauntX posted...

Wrong a lot of people were raving about the maps, where have you been. Over millions of people were enjoying memorable maps like the pit, sandtrap, guardion, snowbound, etc. I'm not even a big fan of halo 3 and yet I know how respected that game was. And don't even get me started on the pinnacle of online games aka halo 2 which practically invented xbox live. And then the masterful halo CE which is truly the granddaddy (if you played on LAN and especially on pc) of them all. Halo won't be going away but not for the better.

Halo 3 was respected when it came out, but it also had a TON of trolling. A lot of the elitist fan d bags hated the equipment pick-ups with a passion.
---
Royale with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#9VauntXPosted 2/28/2013 7:24:50 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
darealest47 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
VauntX posted...

Halo 3 was respected when it came out, but it also had a TON of trolling. A lot of the elitist fan d bags hated the equipment pick-ups with a passion.

Some of them were quite dumb, especially the regeneration field which was just instant invincibility in all but a handful of situations.
#10TwinmoldPosted 2/28/2013 7:27:06 AM
I agree Halo 4 is quite awful, but all of these "So MLG broooo" kids who say that it's because of the lack of rank haven't got a clue about how the community feels.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf