The downfall of halo

#101KageNoSenshiPosted 3/3/2013 1:56:05 PM
Ok 1st non-ranked k/ds were higher, now non-ranked k/ds are lower? So which is it?

You know, when the better players are actually looking for a challenge (you know, competition), they go where the challenge will be. Just because good players might want to goof off on occasion doesn't counter anything. Alternatively, a player being afraid of competition because it will hurt his stats doesn't counter anything either.

And yeah, you play to determine a winner and loser, thereby determining who is better. Hence a game is a competition. You don't have to be the best at something do it competitively. You just have to seek the challenge. If i were good enough for MLG/Gamebattles etc, i would play there. But i don't have to be at their level to want to be competitive.

BTW, how many 50s do you know, let alone MLG 50s? LOL @ millions can get 50s.

And you don't need a reward to be competitive. That's like saying the promise of heaven is the only way to get people to act w/ moral goodness.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#102lderivedxPosted 3/3/2013 2:04:05 PM
MLG Blizzard. Played Halo 1 and 2 then switch to Gears of War and Gears of War 2

Google says otherwise.
---
I bet you're one of those people who ruin my mainslaying by going -15 so stop saying that other people ruin gaming.-im r awful gt:i derive dx
#103RAGEface14Posted 3/3/2013 2:46:51 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Ok 1st non-ranked k/ds were higher, now non-ranked k/ds are lower? So which is it?

#Mindf***

You know, when the better players are actually looking for a challenge (you know, competition), they go where the challenge will be. Just because good players might want to goof off on occasion doesn't counter anything. Alternatively, a player being afraid of competition because it will hurt his stats doesn't counter anything either.

Actually, most MLG tryhard randoms, for example, will go to more casual playlists for "competition", to make themselves look better.

And yeah, you play to determine a winner and loser, thereby determining who is better. Hence a game is a competition. You don't have to be the best at something do it competitively. You just have to seek the challenge. If i were good enough for MLG/Gamebattles etc, i would play there. But i don't have to be at their level to want to be competitive.

no comment

There are 7 billion people in the world. 1 billion = 1,000 million. So there are essentially 1,000 groups of 1 million people in the world. It's not that much of a stretch to say that at least 1 million people could achieve a 50.

And you don't need a reward to be competitive. That's like saying the promise of heaven is the only way to get people to act w/ moral goodness.

Christianity has gotten by on that mindset for millenia. Just sayin'.

---
RAGEface14
The Crusader of Gamefaqs!
#104KageNoSenshiPosted 3/3/2013 3:00:57 PM
Why would you use the population of the entire world? How can people who don't play Halo get a 50 in anything?

I don't need to comment on your competition comment because you put competition in quotes.

And just because they think it doesn't make it right.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#105RAGEface14Posted 3/3/2013 3:09:33 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Why would you use the population of the entire world? How can people who don't play Halo get a 50 in anything?

I don't need to comment on your competition comment because you put competition in quotes.

And just because they think it doesn't make it right.

I was suggesting that of the world's population, at least 1 million people could have the potential to get a 50, assuming they play(ed) Halo.

Good, I don't have to comment on you commenting about my comment.

Didn't say it was right. I was just throwing it out there.

Just remember that 90% of my posts are tongue-in-cheek, and therefore should be taken as such.
---
RAGEface14
The Crusader of Gamefaqs!
#106Bigtymer113Posted 3/4/2013 1:57:04 AM
MLG Blizzard

"Invalid Gamertag. Halo Waypoint is not reconizing your Gamertag! Check your My Stats-> Account Settings to ensure your GT is correct."

Okay Blizzard, let's see your real gamertag this time.
---
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. -gunsndroses
GT: Swizzy Dangles
#107Blizzard09Posted 3/4/2013 8:32:55 AM
KageNoSenshi posted...

I said millions CAN get to 50.. never said there was millions, huge difference.

Again when you play non ranked you are playing to get a winner, so you are playing JUST as competitive as ranked. This whole thing was about ranked being as competitive as non ranked, not about both being non competitive. The fact you tried to flip the two around only shows lost.

So when you are playing rock,paper, scissors with your friends that playing competitive? No, but your logic is yes... Don't confuse good old fun and getting competitive with actual competitive..
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#108Blizzard09Posted 3/4/2013 8:34:44 AM
Bigtymer113 posted...
MLG Blizzard

"Invalid Gamertag. Halo Waypoint is not reconizing your Gamertag! Check your My Stats-> Account Settings to ensure your GT is correct."

Okay Blizzard, let's see your real gamertag this time.

That was my MLG name kid, not my gamertag. I wouldn't give my gamertag to random people.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#109Asherlee10Posted 3/4/2013 8:54:47 AM
Blizzard09 posted...
I wouldn't give my gamertag to random people.

Do what?

As if you don't play with random people each time you enter muliplayer?
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#110KageNoSenshiPosted 3/4/2013 9:38:08 AM
#107 Blizzard09 posted...
aid millions CAN get to 50.. never said there was millions, huge difference.

Again when you play non ranked you are playing to get a winner, so you are playing JUST as competitive as ranked. This whole thing was about ranked being as competitive as non ranked, not about both being non competitive. The fact you tried to flip the two around only shows lost.

So when you are playing rock,paper, scissors with your friends that playing competitive? No, but your logic is yes... Don't confuse good old fun and getting competitive with actual competitive..

Yeah there is a huge difference. "Millions CAN get 50" is an empty statement that holds no relevance to anything. If everyone had a 50, then it would be meaningless. But everyone doesn't have a 50. Because not everyone can get a 50.

And your only argument against ranked being more competitive is that they don't win money. But that's what the rank is for. Your rank IS your reward for playing well. Not everyone needs a tangible incentive as you would like to believe.

And LOL @ rock, paper, scissors. That might be relevant if people actually used rps to declare who's better at it. But mostly the point is to get someone to do something they don't want to do, so determining who's better isn't relevant in that scenario. That doesn't mean it can't be, just means that's not their goal.

Kinda like the difference between ranked and social gametypes. People who know they're at least decent aren't going to go into a social gametype to prove anything. But they will in ranked, because it counts toward something: a rank that you have to earn.
---