The downfall of halo

#71imthestuntmanPosted 3/2/2013 7:47:55 AM
DvoloS88 posted...
namewitheld posted...
343 are rubbish. Total capitalists cant create. So they copy. So now Halo is pathetically generic.

In fairness to the souless ones the community deserves no better.

Generic? Do you kno what that means? After halo 2 bungie made the same exact mp experience besides equipment(H3) AA(reach) every time with every single match on any map being a camp fest and rush to power weapons at start of every game. Which is exactly what winning a match was all about from halo2 all the way to reach. 343 switched that up in many ways TRIAL and ERROR people but they at least tried. Ordinance even tho it was executed badly and SPRINT alone are two things that keep halo 4 from being "generic" as you put it compared to old halos. Did anybody play CE anniversary and the maps they recreated? There great!

I believe by generic he is referring to compared to other fps series rather than halo. By adding spring, loadouts, and crappy maps to halo 4 they made it just like every other shooter and took away what made halo unique.

Yeah halo used to be a power weapon race, but vehicles used to be balanced. Now they are overpowered because they assume everyone is carrying something to kill a vehicle with. And it used to be fun having the same loadout as everyone.
---
Stormtroopers can shoot straight, the Tantive IV is evidence of this. Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca all just have plot armor.
I do not count shadow dragon.
#72GwizAlchPosted 3/2/2013 9:56:02 AM
Bigtymer113 posted...
MLG play list was a HUGE joke. Its again someone thinking a number makes them good, when it doesn't..

what is your gamertag?

I highly doubt you even had a 50 in any halo game.

Yes. X1

KageNoSenshi posted...
CoD doesn't get hate for making class-based shooters popular. It gets hate for being popular among people who are terrible at video games. And continually dumbing their game down to appeal to the lowest denominator.

Yes. X2

So Brawl comes out, on the heels and hype of Melee, and makes huge initial sales. Then, due to the huge removal of skill in the gameplay, it's popularity among scrubs skyrockets, and the game sells even more.

Yes. X3

So Brawl did what it set out to do, it made huge sales and got new fans to the series. At the expense of its true fanbase (the ones who gave it hype and made it popular in the 1st place)
And this is basically what 343 did w/ Halo.

Yes. X4

Twinmold posted...
Lmao, must have touched a nerve right? I actually liked Halo Reach excluding the bloom (zero bloom didn't fix much either), so I enjoy change, but Halo 4's changes were the worse and here's a concise list of why, since you seem to care so much.

*List*

The entire post, Yes. X5

Blizzard09 posted...
This guy is funny..

It was easy to get 50's in halo 2 and 3...

User Successfully Ignored.

Asherlee10 posted...
Yes, I am voicing my opinion that the SAME thing is being complained about over and over again. However you want to see it, I don't care
------

Wants to talk, but too narrow minded to listen to anyone else.
Typical self-entitled spoiled brat.

Cpt_of_Industry posted...
Wow what are you, like, whining about her whining about people whining.

-----

Another generic White Knight with remedial wit.

---
Corrupting the human mind... one session at a time.
#73bd0g5Posted 3/2/2013 10:36:16 AM
Blizzard09 posted...
This guy is funny..

It was easy to get 50's in halo 2 and 3.. It was not a smart competitive ranking system at all.

I hardly played halo 2 online but even I know that it was nearly impossible to get a 50. Please close your account.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#74KageNoSenshiPosted 3/2/2013 10:58:03 AM
#69 DvoloS88 posted...
Generic? Do you kno what that means? After halo 2 bungie made the same exact mp experience besides equipment(H3) AA(reach) every time with every single match on any map being a camp fest and rush to power weapons at start of every game. Which is exactly what winning a match was all about from halo2 all the way to reach. 343 switched that up in many ways TRIAL and ERROR people but they at least tried. Ordinance even tho it was executed badly and SPRINT alone are two things that keep halo 4 from being "generic" as you put it compared to old halos. Did anybody play CE anniversary and the maps they recreated? There great!

Lol no, you just played all the previous Halos in the same way: terribly.

H3 added equipment, went back to a 2-handed spawn weapon, added heavy weapons, and included shield doors. Then there were other changes like depleting the battery while charging the PP, clashing swords, rockets only locking onto air vehicles. And still other changes like forge.

Reach added AAs, fall damage, and bloom, and removed dual-wielding. And plenty of other changes to the matchmaking.

They all managed to be different experiences w/out abandoning Halo's core attributes. 343 on the other hand pretty much said "**** you" to the established conventions that made Halo what it was, and turned it into something it shouldn't be.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#75Asherlee10Posted 3/2/2013 6:41:31 PM
I made someone's ignore list. Wow
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#76SunDevil77Posted 3/2/2013 7:17:51 PM
Asherlee10 posted...
I made someone's ignore list. Wow

That guy made the "Assured to Be A Virgin List."
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#77Unlucky_7Posted 3/2/2013 7:27:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#78SunDevil77Posted 3/2/2013 8:34:50 PM
Unlucky_7 posted...

Yeah, you better take that back.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#79lderivedxPosted 3/2/2013 8:48:47 PM
Lmao hes so mad
#80Unlucky_7Posted 3/3/2013 6:58:55 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Unlucky_7 posted...

Yeah, you better take that back.

You ARE a delusional baddie. No taking back stuff out of fear on my part. It's just pointless to listen to casuals cry, "VIRGIN!" all day long because you just won't listen. No matter how many times people explain why this game is terrible, it will still be great because having a Metal Gear and a power weapon parcel service will always be more "fun" than MLG or any other competitive setting.
---
Your signature is appended to the bottom of every post you make.