Can Someone Educate Me on Specializations?

#1chinowannabePosted 3/1/2013 10:29:32 AM
I don't really understand much about Specializations, other than what they essentially build toward. I selected Wetwork because... I don't really know. The rest of them seemed crappy?

How long does it take to complete a specialization? Is it like level 51 to BLANK, or does it all depend on the player? Additionally, do any of the Specializations actually matter/help the player? I know I've seen a couple Wetwork dudes in games, but it's been rare.

Which one should I pursue next?
#2chinowannabe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 10:56:01 AM
Any help?
#3IVPaleRiderIVPosted 3/1/2013 10:56:44 AM
Pipefitters lay more pipe.
---
This message posted from a Tandy 1000
#4HaloODSTDPosted 3/1/2013 10:59:21 AM
each specialization takes 10 levels to achieve the specialization mod (so if you're a SR50 wetwork, you won't get the wetwork stealth mod until SR60)

you should go for a specialization that complements your gaming style. I like driving the warthog, ghost, and mantis so I chose operator. Someone who likes fighting on feet wouldn't.

Wetworks seems to be the most popular specialization.
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo (Gears 2, Halo Reach, Halo 4)
PSN: Rutgers Student (Killzone 2, Binary Domain)
#5chinowannabe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 11:12:16 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
each specialization takes 10 levels to achieve the specialization mod (so if you're a SR50 wetwork, you won't get the wetwork stealth mod until SR60)

you should go for a specialization that complements your gaming style. I like driving the warthog, ghost, and mantis so I chose operator. Someone who likes fighting on feet wouldn't.

Wetworks seems to be the most popular specialization.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm a pretty standard dude - I use Promethean and the DMR, don't usually care much for vehicles. I was thinking about the one that helps my accuracy while under fire - can anyone vouch for that being useful at all?

The whole concept seems kind of silly to me, especially since the benefits appear to be very marginal at best. Is that safe to say?
#6Seto_RyuPosted 3/1/2013 11:20:58 AM
Wetwork, Rogue, and Tracker are probably the more useful ones to pick for mods. Operator is good for vehicles. Besides that, it's just whatever you think will fit your situation. I've just never seen anything such as Stalker useful.
#7chinowannabe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 11:48:29 AM
Do they really make any difference? Do you guys feel like they enhance your abilities? Or is it mostly a superficial improvement?
#8WarNinja2012Posted 3/1/2013 11:55:11 AM
you gain an ability upon completion of a specialization. Some are more effective than others. They take place in either of the two slots after your equipment slot (Jetpack, thrusters, Sentry)
#9iliekdatPosted 3/1/2013 12:55:27 PM
being in a specialization doesn't do anything for you in-game. you aren't any different than the next guy (outside of loadouts) regardless of what specialization you are completing. they exist to just enhance the leveling system by 10 levels each with some specified rewards dependent on the specialization along the way. that's it