What constitutes a good slayer k/d?

#11KageNoSenshiPosted 3/2/2013 2:05:56 PM
Yeah, it is your fault. Because you're being ridiculous.

Why would you ask "what's good" if you were unwilling to accept an answer you didn't agree with? Unless you just wanted to hear from the board that they thought you were good?

You didn't get the answer you wanted to hear and now you're trying to convince the board that you're better than they think you are.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#12axelfooley2k5Posted 3/2/2013 2:09:52 PM
im at 1.5 i was 1.7 before i stopped playing for a while

i play a lot less now......seems like its gotten harder

if someone is over 2.0 they are a god
or they just sit back ALL round and snipe and go 10-0
---
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, mannn
#13axelfooley2k5Posted 3/2/2013 2:12:00 PM
i dont see how everyone is saying 2.0 is the standard

60% or more of the people every round are in the negative + - kills
---
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, mannn
#14KageNoSenshiPosted 3/2/2013 2:20:00 PM
Exactly. If the majority of players are bad, then being good means unquestionably outperforming them.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#15jwhudexnlsPosted 3/2/2013 2:29:16 PM
Wooooo, I'm above average, eat that all you average players!!!!
#16MlCKHEADPosted 3/2/2013 2:29:35 PM
chinowannabe posted...

Damn, you guys are tough.

If 8 people play a game of competitive, fairly balanced infinity, it seems like 4/5 of the 8 players go negative or neutral. You're saying my 1.6 passes as average?! Harsh.

I was about to agree with you until you said that Infinity slayer is competitive and fairly balanced. But yes, its hard to keep a high K/D ratio when playing against people of similar skill (unless you are boosting/not playing the objective in objective gametypes etc). K/D ratios are not that important though, especially since there is no real ranking system. It does not take into account the skill of the players you kill.

For instance if someone has a K/D ratio of 1.5, but was (somehow) always matched up against good players, I would say that player is good. But someone who only had a K/D ratio of 1.5 whist playing against really bad players (like those who stand still at all times when shooting) then I would assume that they were not as good. But you would never know until you played them.

Well thats my take on it anyway.
---
GT: Micktory
#17Kazuma_YagamiPosted 3/2/2013 3:41:58 PM
If your KD is not greater than 2.25 you have no place on my team.
#18jakethenoobPosted 3/2/2013 5:29:20 PM
I guess if I do nothing but play Flood and get a 5.0 k/d I must be pro
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#19That1GuyyPosted 3/2/2013 5:33:46 PM
Your K/D ratio holds no information on how you got such a ratio, so considering it as a factor of determining skill is pretty pointless.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#20darealest47Posted 3/2/2013 6:24:08 PM
KD really isn't that big of a deal and this is coming from a competitive player. You can easily get a good kd just by playing flood or simply sniping or just using the DMR. How I see it you're only a good player if you get a "good game" message from other players as it lets you know you played good. Consider me very old school but that's how we did it back in halo 2 and Combat evolved (pc).
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec