Do you think this Game is Catering more towards Kids?

#1jackspicer9590Posted 3/3/2013 9:48:53 AM
Like seriously listen to the lines and dialogue from Spartan ops, I've been a big halo fan since the first one came out on the xbox, and i've owned every game since, the series itself is ageing, i mean it's like 11 years old. and i understand the 343 has to broaden their audience, but so many things from spartan ops are so Cartoony and silly, it really just kicks any level of maturity in the nutsack. and feels wayyy to kid friendly for a first person shooter.

"We're going to steal a spaceship? I like the sound of that!"

-Spartan Miller.

like seriously wtf, is this game for 12 year olds?

"Listen carefuly crimson this next instruction is very tricky, it requries hitting a button."
"-knock it off Miller."

-Spartan Palmer.

-_-
i can't help but play spartan ops on mute.
#2__balePosted 3/3/2013 9:52:17 AM
if you're playing spartan ops, i think you might be a kid
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#3jwhudexnlsPosted 3/3/2013 9:54:48 AM
I know what you mean with spartan ops, but on the other hand this halo had a darker campaign than any of the others.
#4jackspicer9590(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 10:08:01 AM
yeah the main campagin wasn't too bad, all 3 hours of it :/ and there isn't much that was "dark" it was just a different story. the story itself was too short, and some simple things could of made it longer, like putting the composer on Instillation 4 instead of the space station.
#5Unlucky_7Posted 3/3/2013 10:09:53 AM
Yes, in a lot of ways.
---
Your signature is appended to the bottom of every post you make.
#6enterthemadroxPosted 3/3/2013 10:10:34 AM
Short answer......nope.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#7iRGushPosted 3/3/2013 10:15:22 AM
lol spartan ops
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#8MonoSilentDPosted 3/3/2013 10:23:23 AM
I HATE how they always refer to enemies as "bad guys"!
#9Blizzard09Posted 3/3/2013 10:51:30 AM
Almost everygame is going towards "Catering" to kids. Let me explain why. Since CoD has been the top seller and enjoyed by millions, Game companies are switching more to the mindless game play that is CoD, while still trying to keep the skill level that was there before they tried to make it mindless and easy.

Halo 4 still has the tricks and such that the good players have learned and there is still stuff that the average gamer and or kid would over look that good players will use.

The biggest problem about this game is indeed the DMR. It means keeping the fight at very long range rather then the medium/short range at which it should fought at, or that we are more use to.

Personal Drops make the game better and worse at the same time. It stops the whole team from camping a power weapon, but at the same time it means more power weapons being on the map. (good player/teams know making the fight at the power weapons is smart, the catering is giving everyone a chance to get the power weapons through personal drops)

Its a hit or miss, and alot of game will being trying to make a more mindless game play because that is what most people want in a game. They want loadouts, rewards for getting kills, Kill cams and easy game play. Is that what Halo fans want? I would have to say no, but they want more then just halo fans to play the game. I don't agree with it, nor do I support it. But its happening with alot of games and as a tester I can tell you more games are doing it. Its what happens when a unfinished and mindless game like CoD tops the charts. CoD is easy to play and fun play and well other games are trying to that way to get the younger and less average gamers to play their game.

Sorry for wall of text. But as a tester, I see alot of games changing to play a little more like mindless CoD game, while trying to keep their core the same.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#10SunDevil77Posted 3/3/2013 10:58:36 AM
jackspicer9590 posted...
yeah the main campagin wasn't too bad, all 3 hours of it :/ and there isn't much that was "dark" it was just a different story. the story itself was too short, and some simple things could of made it longer, like putting the composer on Instillation 4 instead of the space station.

It's the beginning of a whole new trilogy. I can almost guarantee Halo 5 and 6 will be much, much longer.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson