Do you think this Game is Catering more towards Kids?

#11TheBeastWithinPosted 3/3/2013 1:22:09 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
jackspicer9590 posted...
yeah the main campagin wasn't too bad, all 3 hours of it :/ and there isn't much that was "dark" it was just a different story. the story itself was too short, and some simple things could of made it longer, like putting the composer on Instillation 4 instead of the space station.

It's the beginning of a whole new trilogy. I can almost guarantee Halo 5 and 6 will be much, much longer.

and I can guarantee you they will not be longer. Standard procedure for FPS games these days is to make single player an afterthought and to churn out the next game every year to year and a half. This annihilates any possibility of longer single player since that's what takes a long development time.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#12metroidman92Posted 3/3/2013 1:30:11 PM
MonoSilentD posted...
I HATE how they always refer to enemies as "bad guys"!

Halo Wars was actually the first offender in that regard. But Forge had the decency to only say it once.
---
If you even think about coming after your brother, this bullet will be waiting for you!
#13SunDevil77Posted 3/3/2013 1:50:12 PM
TheBeastWithin posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
jackspicer9590 posted...
yeah the main campagin wasn't too bad, all 3 hours of it :/ and there isn't much that was "dark" it was just a different story. the story itself was too short, and some simple things could of made it longer, like putting the composer on Instillation 4 instead of the space station.

It's the beginning of a whole new trilogy. I can almost guarantee Halo 5 and 6 will be much, much longer.

and I can guarantee you they will not be longer. Standard procedure for FPS games these days is to make single player an afterthought and to churn out the next game every year to year and a half. This annihilates any possibility of longer single player since that's what takes a long development time.

lmao. Alright, bud.
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson
#14LoneWolf4545Posted 3/3/2013 2:03:45 PM
jackspicer9590 posted...
Like seriously listen to the lines and dialogue from Spartan ops, I've been a big halo fan since the first one came out on the xbox, and i've owned every game since, the series itself is ageing, i mean it's like 11 years old. and i understand the 343 has to broaden their audience, but so many things from spartan ops are so Cartoony and silly, it really just kicks any level of maturity in the nutsack. and feels wayyy to kid friendly for a first person shooter.

"We're going to steal a spaceship? I like the sound of that!"

-Spartan Miller.

like seriously wtf, is this game for 12 year olds?

"Listen carefuly crimson this next instruction is very tricky, it requries hitting a button."
"-knock it off Miller."

-Spartan Palmer.

-_-
i can't help but play spartan ops on mute.

That right there is called satire. The game is making fun of itself.
---
GT: swkids
#15metroidman92Posted 3/3/2013 4:42:38 PM
LoneWolf4545 posted...
jackspicer9590 posted...
Like seriously listen to the lines and dialogue from Spartan ops, I've been a big halo fan since the first one came out on the xbox, and i've owned every game since, the series itself is ageing, i mean it's like 11 years old. and i understand the 343 has to broaden their audience, but so many things from spartan ops are so Cartoony and silly, it really just kicks any level of maturity in the nutsack. and feels wayyy to kid friendly for a first person shooter.

"We're going to steal a spaceship? I like the sound of that!"

-Spartan Miller.

like seriously wtf, is this game for 12 year olds?

"Listen carefuly crimson this next instruction is very tricky, it requries hitting a button."
"-knock it off Miller."

-Spartan Palmer.

-_-
i can't help but play spartan ops on mute.

That right there is called satire. The game is making fun of itself.

To be fair, Halo has never needed to do that. Sure, it might come up in random Marine dialog for a quick laugh, but it's never depended on satire for humor.

The banter in SpOps isn't too much to be flat-out annoying, but it could use a bit more subtlety.

Put it this way, I found ODST to have better humor than Infinity.
---
If you even think about coming after your brother, this bullet will be waiting for you!
#16TheBeastWithinPosted 3/3/2013 6:04:03 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
TheBeastWithin posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
jackspicer9590 posted...

lmao. Alright, bud.

Now I'm reminded why I don't generally bother with FPS forums.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#17Donuts_R_GoodPosted 3/3/2013 7:12:13 PM
I just wish 343 would realize that the game would be doing so much better if they catered to the loyal Halo fans that have been around for years rather than try to attract new customers from COD.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#18That1GuyyPosted 3/3/2013 8:01:59 PM
A comedic tone and humorous dialogue is intended to attract the casual audience who have no vested interest in extended stories and in-depth lore. It has nothing to do with children.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#19SunDevil77Posted 3/3/2013 8:27:24 PM
TheBeastWithin posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
TheBeastWithin posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
jackspicer9590 posted...

lmao. Alright, bud.

Now I'm reminded why I don't generally bother with FPS forums.

Because you truly believe every single FPS is made alike?
---
Breakfast foods can serve many purposes
~Ron Swanson