Why do people never pass the ball in Grifball?

#1zerooo0Posted 3/4/2013 9:01:42 PM
It's a great way to psych out the enemy coming at you thinking to they're about to get the ball, but nope, just pass it along to someone else. Just nobody ever throws it back.......bunch of ball hogs.
---
Official Aquaman & Deathstroke of Injustice Gods Among Us
#2Spoke_WreckerPosted 3/4/2013 9:12:55 PM
Because most people in Grifball suck and even more think "HerpDerp, I has ball? I get killionair with ball? I get- Oh I died".
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#3hylianslayerPosted 3/4/2013 9:27:33 PM
honestly, i forgot you could do that now. i was actually in a situation where i was wishing i could pass it.
---
White lawliot-1678 9390 8407, platinum anthony-3482 8253 5312, white2 stewart-0734 2568 0385
#4enterthemadroxPosted 3/4/2013 9:52:02 PM
I hate that.

Passed it a few times in different games but no one caught it and if they did, they'd rush the enemy and die.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#5phoneixfencerPosted 3/4/2013 10:30:30 PM
Most people who play grifball are playing solo and either:

A. They're only playing because they want to get kills with the hammer.
or
B. They're trolls and only interested in team killing. These are the people I seem to find more often.

Sometimes you get group C. The people who love to get the ball and throw it towards your own goal to make it easier for the other team.
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#6phillyeagles123Posted 3/4/2013 11:08:08 PM
My guess is that most people probably don't even know you can throw the ball.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#7ZheakkPosted 3/4/2013 11:32:20 PM
I don't mind a ton if people don't pass the ball, it is more annoying getting stuck with the people who charge straight at the goal everytime they pick it up and just turn it over to the other team repeatedly.

But as far as passing goes, my friend and I try to set up some scores from passing that work from time to time, the balls doesn't always go where you want it to though, so passing is a little unreliable.
#8GoroPosted 3/5/2013 8:35:50 AM
Zheakk posted...
But as far as passing goes, my friend and I try to set up some scores from passing that work from time to time, the balls doesn't always go where you want it to though, so passing is a little unreliable.

its just extremely sensitive to where you're looking at the point of release. I throw a lot of ****ed up passes too with ten sensitivity LOL. Also looking up will throw a deeper pass, down throws a bounce/rolling pass. Moving forwards or backwards also affects throw distance. You also need to get the pass off in time with defenders rushing you. If you're hit as you throw it usually throws off the pass accuracy, and its also possible to hammer launch a thrown ball mid air.
---
GT: GaryBusey T33th
#9Donuts_R_GoodPosted 3/5/2013 10:43:14 AM
Because every time some clown gets the ball they think "OH BOY TIME TO WHORE KILLS".
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#10tubb311Posted 3/5/2013 10:54:24 AM
this drives me crazy. at least once in every game of grifball i play. i am able to crouch sneak behind the other team and cruch on the goal. all my teammates need to do is pass it and i'll score the instant i catch it.

everyone is stupid.